• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Danl

Danl M915A1

I checked the front bearing on my 915, I was checking to see if They needed oil. I pulled the rubber cap and when I looked in I found the bearings are packed with Grease, why? i think it should be gear oil in there, anybody know better, Dog head I did check the TM and it showed oil . I wonder if the front wheel seal s leaked and this was the Quick fix should I put oil in there or should I clean out the grease frist than put oil or is this truck made to use grease who knows something please give input Dan

Marcel

Installed new master cylinder, all wheel cylinders, several brake lines and evacuated and bled brake system. After replacing the wheel cylinders and master cylinder my buddy and I started to bleed the system. We began by bench bleeding the master cylinder and then moved on to the air pack. After the air pack was bled the right rear brake line blew so we made up and installed a new line. Once again we bled the air pack and then the line blew on the right rear forward axle. After that we repeated this procedure and the line blew on the left rear forward axle. We made up and installed a new brake line on that side and were finally able to finish bleeding the entire brake system and I now have a good pedal. Whew!!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hosted a Cub Scout Recruitment Event at a local park for my son's Pack. The truck was part of the welcome committee complete with all flags, US, POW-MIA, US Army and the Gadsden, flying.

Was hotter than Hades out here so the truck went topless.

Well, I took the outriggers off of my wrecker. Washed all the old grime and grease off. Now they are sitting in my yard wagon in the garage with a slight coating of PB blaster waiting for a wire brush and some primer, then it is off to town for a large bucket of fresh grease. Oh. yeah I do not recommend doing this as a one man job... my back is going to be hating me in the morning.

Attachments

jedawson1

Replaced the one way axel vents with brass fittings and fuel line hose, ran them up to above engine level and capped off with a small engine fuel filter. I followed the break line to allow for axel articulation.

Ma Duce

got my SF97 so I can get my title and registration submitted

Got seals to fix the leaks on the front and rear axels.

Ordered and recieved some parts to fix the small things. . .

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed front shocks on a m923. Used some new NOS that fit a hemtt? Not sure on original app? Thanks Huntnfool!

They had the following numbers t81103Pb 1313230.

Same diameter and mounts as the original. The top tube shield was a little longer but I don't expect to do any serious climbing or offroading that would make the shock travel bottom out on the tube.:whistle:

My beast is still a bucking bronco but it appears to have slightly better manners:grin: I guess a 5 ton will never ride like a Cadillac:cookoo:.

Attachments

cx65083

Dumpster driving?

Moved a dumpster that got left in the wrong place. Could have used my brother diesel pick up.... but Big Green made it looks WAY too easy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCPKvLmkVC4&feature=plcp[/media]

cx65083

I really over estimated how heavy the dumpster was. Didn't need low range and sure didn't need to rev her up. Probably could have idled it back.... but I was ticked that they dropped it on the opposite side I asked them to.
Felt good anyway.

Hmmm? Wonder if I could use her to fix that lil problem at the bank too?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed all four lower torque rods and brackets. Cleaned up brackets for a quick repaint. The rods will go to the machine shop for new ends this week. I was going to take all six rods off, but I can't get to the uppers behind the spring pack with my tools. I ordered an offset boxhead wrench and extension to tackle that. Looks like next for the that.

Carlo

I wish I had something good to write about my M931. Still haing problems with fuel starvation!! List of things checked::
- Tanks are clean.
- Lines are free.
- New filter (old filter was clean)
- Shut off elec. valve checked and working.
- Primer pump was sucking air but a by pass was made and no difference.
HELP!!
The truck starts only on either and than surges up and down in rpms. Step on the gas and there is a big delay and then max RPMs.
Please dont let it be the pump! Is there any other fuel filter in the pump??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks