• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

F18hornetM

Saturday, pulled all 4 rear duals, packed bearings and checked brakes. Found all 4 inner wheel seals damaged. Who ever put this thing back together kinda hard on seals.
this week so far, have removed and sandblasted stone guard, and cut front lip off hood. The only rusted through spot on the truck. Where I cut is marked in white in pic. Going to bend a new piece and replace in next couple days.

Attachments

03silverado

I have changed my engine oil which by the way is a real pain in the ars if theist person tilted the oil filter housing so that the drain is right over top of the oil cooler hoses which then sends oil everywhere or you have to empty it with a poweraid bottle took three of those, installing the new wasn't bad made sure I turned the drain just enough to miss the hoses for the future, drained and flushed my cooling system as well as I could couldn't figure out what plug on the block so it just had the radiator drained which holds the majority of fluid anyway filled that back up with Zerex for cumm with the additive already in it 13 bucks a gallon at the parts store, gonna. Heck the brake fluid level and the rear end levels then hopefully head up Rausche creek after work today

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have changed my engine oil which by the way is a real pain in the ars if theist person tilted the oil filter housing so that the drain is right over top of the oil cooler hoses which then sends oil everywhere or you have to empty it with a poweraid bottle took three of those, installing the new wasn't bad made sure I turned the drain just enough to miss the hoses for the future, drained and flushed my cooling system as well as I could couldn't figure out what plug on the block so it just had the radiator drained which holds the majority of fluid anyway filled that back up with Zerex for cumm with the additive already in it 13 bucks a gallon at the parts store, gonna. Heck the brake fluid level and the rear end levels then hopefully head up Rausche creek after work today
I got a spin-on oil filter adapter kit for my truck and it is a lot less messy to deal with when changing out. I highly recommend one.

Did you use the Zerex HD concentrate or the pre-charged? I used the concentrate and diluted 50/50 with distilled water. Its good stuff.

moriboy

I got started on a rear axle seal replacement and bearing pack. Actually the process is just as easy as any other vehicle I have done. Things are just a little heavier! I am going to price out the correct hub nut sockets, and if they are too expensive, I am going to make my own on my plasma table....

F18hornetM

I got started on a rear axle seal replacement and bearing pack. Actually the process is just as easy as any other vehicle I have done. Things are just a little heavier! I am going to price out the correct hub nut sockets, and if they are too expensive, I am going to make my own on my plasma table....

Oh man a plasma table. They are cool. :drool:

F18hornetM

I have a plasma cutter, but the Plasma Cams are awesome. My son used one in Vo-Tech to make all kinds of stuff and was really neat. He even cut out gears/sprockets, really cool.

cx65083

I got bored and dug out the bows I have and the tarp for my M813a1. I'm a bow short so it sags a bit in the middle But looks a lot better. I also put the sides on my M105 trailer and started making bows out of 10ft 3/4" Conduit. I have a 20x40 brown tarp im going to double up to make a top for it. Hopefully it wont look too gawdy.
Since I am still unemployed, I'm working on small project like installing the windshield wipers and other small things to drive it on the road.
Even thou she's not street legal, I have a trail I can follow for a few miles to keep the axles seals and wheel bearings happy. I guess these big trucks do Not like to sit unused... they like being driven and I enjoy Driving her!

Attachments

m816

We put a new axel in the M816. then we used that truck to bobb a deuce and I replaced a front brake line on the M54a2. I'm on crutches this week so I'm pretty slowed up but I have the new tarp for the cargo truck and a new cab top to go on before the middle of next week. The M51a2 is getting ready fro some more body work after the MTA show. We have fiveton fever here in a big way.:grd:

Trango

Hemtt wheels w/ 395's MV/T
Cargo cover
Convoy Lights
Air Ride seat
Grover Emergency Horn
Antenna
Thanks for the pic of the flipped HEMTT's in the back. it's heartening to see that that doesn't look strange (as was my worry). I will be doing that to my truck, as soon as I unload the 3 remaining tons of dirt it's carrying.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
This week worked on brake system, found out why stuffed worked backwards. Found the valve for the parking was bad and rebuilt it, then found they plumbed several things wrong. It was plumbed
so the over ride button on the dash was a parking brake. They had the front axle disconnected.
Went over all lines and put them as they should be from TM's.
Also found water in fuel. Gasket for the fuel tank sensor was leaking, replaced gasket.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Brakes system rebuild

This week worked on brake system, found out why stuffed worked backwards. Found the valve for the parking was bad and rebuilt it, then found they plumbed several things wrong. It was plumbed
so the over ride button on the dash was a parking brake. They had the front axle disconnected.
Went over all lines and put them as they should be from TM's.
Also found water in fuel. Gasket for the fuel tank sensor was leaking, replaced gasket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks