• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Minor work done:

LED tail lights, reflectors & reflector tape. It's almost blinding to light it up at night. I think I might add some more tape down lower- flaps or axle.
Love the LEDS and red/white DOT tape. Know what you mean by blinding. I have the DOT tape on my mud guards. Lights up at night from blocks away.

cx65083

Did exactly what I said I would...

My friends and family asked what I'd "DO" with my big green truck and I told Them I'd drive to Home Depot for a 2x4. I'd go to Walgreen for my prescriptions. That I'd go to walmart for a gallon of milk!

They didn't believe me.

pic.1 Home Depot for sliding door hardware.
pic.2 Walgreens for drugs! ;-)
pic.3 Walmart
pic.4 Whew, barely enough room for groceries....

Attachments

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New hood and Solargizer

Installed a new (to me) hood from ranchopper on Wed. June 13 to which I mounted a Solargizer panel. The hood needed a little tweaking while installing due some transportation warping:roll:. Gotta' love those freight guys.

Finished the Solargizer install today, June 16, including the circuit box and wiring. I ran short one female Packard connector, so the install is 98% complete. Going to shoot a quick order to Erik's for some more connectors. I hope to get it all done sometime this week.

Then I found a crazed little man wearing camo and wielding a folding knife in my cab. Careful!

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friends and family asked what I'd "DO" with my big green truck and I told Them I'd drive to Home Depot for a 2x4. I'd go to Walgreen for my prescriptions. That I'd go to walmart for a gallon of milk!

They didn't believe me.

pic.1 Home Depot for sliding door hardware.
pic.2 Walgreens for drugs! :wink:
pic.3 Walmart
pic.4 Whew, barely enough room for groceries....

I like seeing the big trucks parked in Home Depot's parking lot[thumbzup] All the contractors get jealous:drool:.

That's a serious load. Probably maxing out those inverted leaf springs.

Last edited:

Danl

Danl M915A

Moved my truck to its new parking spot that I made for it under to tellerphone pole. Wife was wondering what I was doing to that corner, had to pull stumps add fill than used mulch for now. Nice soft bed for it to set on Wife says ooh god. But she can't say its in the way now HA HA I'm the only nut that parks under A pole.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Installed Battery Relocation Kit. That was a job for just one soldier.

Whew! Glad it's done. :popcorn:

Next is the air ride seat install. Seems I need a regulator to drop the air pressure before I begin that one. I bought two so the Wife, my Queen would be happy with the ride quality.:lol:

4x4e350

Roof Storage

Finally found some good donor containers for roof rack storage, a couple empty Javelin Missile containers, they fit my existing roof rack perfect, all I had to do was strap them on!:smile:
I did make a bracket for some mortar containers, put them were the spare tire use to be, they will be great for storage too.
By the way, this truck is dedicated to my dad, he served on the USS Nantahala during the Korean war, they were a supply ship. Happy Fathers day Dad![thumbzup]

Attachments

M923driver

New set of matching locks thanks to "319" in the classifieds, new mirrors, repaired the fire extinguisher bracket and installed new extinguisher, replaced my light switch which gave up all of the "magic smoke" inside it on a recovery from Anniston last week. Started cleaning it up for the MVPA show in Huntsville.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Took off the NDCC's and put on the Goodyear G177's I got out at BFR, still need to ad the spare tire davit I got from a 900 series and convoy light.

Attachments

Last edited:

jrod66

I sanded and painted the bumper on my 925 today and now I need to figure out why my winch doesnt work, I will post up some pics after I get some more paint down

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am prepping my truck for a rear main seal and all clutch components change out. It's been leaking engine oil into the bell housing soaking the clutch. So, I figure I should just change everything while in there.

My son and I removed the companion seat, front and rear cab tunnels, gearshift lever, jackshaft, disconnected the clutch pedal linkage and took out the front driveshaft to make more working room. I am going to pick up a piece of I-beam for my chain hoist sometime this week. My neighbor has a line on a HD transmission jack which I'll try to get here soon too. I am also waiting on a clutch kit I ordered. I'm really anxious to get this job done. The truck is no fun sitting in the storage yard:-(.

Danl

Danl M915A1

I'm trying to hook up a break contoller on my 915, and of course the controller is 12 volts. I already got the light on my low bed switch to 24 volts. the break system on the low bed is large wires already I'm asuming the Break mag can handle 24 volts. is there a 24 volt break controll, i never sean one any Idear what to do with the controller. I know I can get 12 volts for it at the Batteries, but when I step on the breaks whats going to happen with the 24 volts comeing from the breake switch? anybody done this before.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Replaced the upper radiator mount on my truck and replaced both head lights. Fixed my high bean low beam indicator, too. To night going to readjust the injectors again for the final time, had to replace one a while back and now I'm thinking its wearing in and figure it would be a good Idea to give them a second check. Still waiting on the two inner rear hub seals so I can replace them, they where back ordered.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks