• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

KaiserM109

MY M923 MOVED UNDER ITS OWN POWER!!

After months of weekend efforts to change the transmission I got it done. Long story short, the government puts 15w40 in the transmission which is okay in warm weather, but not in extreme cold. I blew out the low gear pack at -20 degrees f., 16 miles from its parking space after driving it 1800 miles from Georgia to Denver. Could have been worse, it was showing signs of failing in Hays, KS where the severe weather started.

Thanks to Glen in Selina, KS, who sold me the transmission, I'm back on the road.

PS
... what about those of us that live in warm and hot weather, and extremely cold weather is when it drops below freezing?

Change it for ATF. According to an engineer a Allison, it is still bad.

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few weeks back I installed a master cylinder remote reservoir. It's been weeping around the MC cap so I will be putting in a new gasket.

We were in an Independence Day parade last week.
DSC_0003.jpg

And, last Saturday I bought an M923 dropside bed up in Hesperia, CA. In a few weeks I'll pick it up and take it to get sectioned out and installed.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405441880.461993.jpgEntered my 925 in the Mt Eden Independence Day parade, carried the vets of Mt Eden Christian Church, got 2nd place.

tmaxxgod4

They did not. My M923A2 is a year unknown I filed my SF97 as a 1983 so it will "legally" be over 30 years old and then a "vintage vehicle" plate can be used.

zout

For my 5 ton this week - I went all out and splurged.

It has been over a year taking her out camping waiting on Titles and registration here in Georgia as some of you might know.

August 1st weekend I made camping reservations at Stone Mountain Park to take the 4 grandsons out camping once again and scare the crapola out of the locals with the Jokers Wild. Wanna know where all those campers kids will be that weekend - that's right

ke5eua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks