• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Capehenery

Exahust Modification

Converted the wipers to off the shelf blades and adjusted the drivers wiper higher to have a better view.
Installed a new muffler (Donaldson M090280), now the rig is so quite I can almost sneak out of the drive without the wife knowing:mrgreen:
Will need to make a few mods on the final setup but at $198 with clamps and header paint, it was a bargain.
Not excited about the lack of a dome on top but I'm sure it will last quite awhile.

photo.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto1.JPGphoto2.jpg

spartan_185

Let us know what you figure out with the horn. I have a horn here that I just finished painting green and was going to mount it up in the truck soon. I know with my shop air it is very very loud.

I just mounted a custom built set of pvc train horns under my bed with a 24v 1/2" air solenoid. I plumbed them into the secondary tank under the passenger steps. They sound just like the real thing with a 120psi supply line coming from that tank. There should be an unused 1/2 inch port on the back side of it.Ill try and add a video and some pics when I get home.

elkhtr

Let us know what you figure out with the horn. I have a horn here that I just finished painting green and was going to mount it up in the truck soon. I know with my shop air it is very very loud.
I ended up going the same rout as Spartan, tapped directly from the air tank.
Much improved, but still not as loud as it was using the 12v solenoid valve and shop air.
I am going to try a 24v train horn solenoid, the stock military one doesnt look like it can provide the flow required.

Capehenery

Wiper modification

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG
I purchased the least expensive metal frame Rain X 14" blade and removed the mounting hardware.
This leaves a small metal pin. Using a dermal tool it ground off the rivet side of the pin and removed it.
Then widen the center just a bit and insert over the stock wiper arm assembly. This unit fits over the outside of the assembly instead of in between like the OEM. insert the OEM bolt and tighten.
Once I secured it I used a small screwdriver to insert into the sides to adjust the movement.
Lucky me it started to rain shortly after and it works like a champ.

blade-hero_expertfit_conventional.jpg

Last edited:

74M35A2

I just re-attached the leader chain of the front winch on my M925A2. I broke the cable at the chain junction from improper usage. Well, actually, WildChild467 fixed this for me while I cheered him on. Items required: cut off wheel, tape, zip ties, vice, pry bar, friend, and just a minute amount of vulgar language.

cx65083

I just re-attached the leader chain of the front winch on my M925A2. I broke the cable at the chain junction from improper usage. Well, actually, WildChild467 fixed this for me while I cheered him on. Items required: cut off wheel, tape, zip ties, vice, pry bar, friend, and just a minute amount of vulgar language.
It's surprising, sometimes, how much that tiny bit of vulgar language helps out in tough times!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the bows and tarp on mine. Getting ready to hook the Deuce up to the tow bar for a trip to Iola this year. Now I have TWO of them to show off. One 'ol rusty but trusty and one really nice clean Deuce.
I love family photos, nice trucks.

zout

Made the double bed with new sheets - pulled the cover to check all the electrical 50 amp - 35 amp - inverter charger and battery equalizer - filled the 120 gallon fresh water tank - tested the on demand hot water heater through the sink and custom made shower - checked fresh water supply and pressure pump to the custom made toilet - - turned on both 12/24amp refrigerators and checked the 120 v microwave for camping this weekend. Ran the Onan 2800 Micro lite gen to exercise it - shoreline was good and no fires or burned out wiring. 35/50/gen transfer switch working properly for camping this weekend. Steaks with potatoes packed away with beer and wine. I pity stone mountain campground when we pull in for two days come tomorrow night

Jason O

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgToday I had the tires buffed / ground down to get them in true. Took away 90% of the shimmy and bounce. A few of them were really out of round, including one which had never been installed before.

shadowdd

Numerous additions!!

We added quite a few things over the past few weeks.... Took off the stock horns and put on my train horns under the hood. My wife cuts vinyl stencils for me so I could re paint all the outside decals along with a cool star for the hood. We also added a 2" receiver hitch under the pintle hitch in back.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks