• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

tbar123

I called Napa and told them this unit was crap and they are getting a new one, but I think I;m going to go with the other unit that is 20 bucks cheaper and doesn't have the possibility of failure like this one does.Thanks Swamp Donkey!

R Racing

Thanks for the video. It sounded like either the fan was rubbing the radiator or a valve train noise? But other than that it looked good !! Does it have single or dual fuel tanks ?

Gunzy

I have finally gotten all my PTO drive and winch controls in my M923. Now I just need a few gallons of 10wt to finish and test. Then I have to put on my new hood and replace the rear T-case output seal. Then there is no more work on it till I break something.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coffey1 and I finished the install of my Warn winch. We also broke down a 14:00 R20 to fix a leaking turret valve. It went unexpectedly well coming apart and back together. And my spare has the same problem so it will be a future tear down also. Finally got my cargo cover on also.

20150117_164306.jpg
Mine and the Wife's

20150117_173219.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M925A1 Rear rear pinion seal on the input side. No problem outher than haveing to get out the one inch tire impack to get the 2 1/4 nut back to tight so as to install the cotter pin.

74M35A2

Well, not directly 5T related, but I cut to cord on my 24V impact and installed quick connects on each end of the tool and the slave cable it was attached to. These are the tow truck jumper cable type connectors you see sticking out of their grill.

Now I can use that slave cable as modular to anything else I want powered, like the winch on my bed crane, my 60k BTU fuel fired heater, etc....

brasco

I received 2 reverse light kits from another SS member. I didn't put them on yet but did some planning. I'm thinking about putting one light on the rear driver's side just below the brake light. I think I'll run another circuit and mount one light on the spare tire davit to light the cargo area.

Does anyone have just one light as a reverse light? I may install both if needed.

I also did some online shopping for a backup camera.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did two on mine a lot better to see with than just one now since you said davit I think I will put one there so I can remove spare at night.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received 2 reverse light kits from another SS member. I didn't put them on yet but did some planning. I'm thinking about putting one light on the rear driver's side just below the brake light. I think I'll run another circuit and mount one light on the spare tire davit to light the cargo area.

Does anyone have just one light as a reverse light? I may install both if needed.

I also did some online shopping for a backup camera.
I have one LED backup light on both of my trucks. It works fine for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks