• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Plugugly

How do you like the fit/finish? The quality of the piece good?
Fit was perfect on the pipe, it seated fully with my soft top, but you might have to leave it a touch high with a hard top because it's bigger in diameter than stock. The finish was good, too. It was black, which would have been fine. The base and clear bowl are plastic, the top is metal. Both the bolt and the wing nut are captured so they won't fall off which is nice.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put the 2015 Farm Reg. stickers on the 925, 931,936, and the 813 got new Historic Veh. registration. Fired them all up and let them idle for 25 minutes. All good.

MtnSnow

Fixed air horn on the 925 and replaced the wiper blades and replaced a couple of light bulbs in turn signal & marker lights so they all work now!. It's just about ready to hit the state safety inspection so I can get it licensed for the road.

Started and drove the 923 over to the station and topped off it's tank.

Snowtiger

I just purchased a 3 color camo cab cover and box cover finally, I also have my beast parked inside my heated parking with a nice smooth floor so its easy to keep her clean. I for some reason keep feeling like she needs another unit to park beside her, am I sick ?? What should my next purchase be any suggestions.

ghettoct

this week i....

took "313" to this seasons first car show, 183 vehicle show and got second place in the open division. i was prettyt stoked. even better was talking to people whom drove them in the service, everyone of them had a smile on their face and had that look as if they just reunited with an old buddy. that was better than the trophy.

IMG_20150321_151228405.jpgIMG_20150321_145941335.jpg

ke5eua

everyone of them had a smile on their face and had that look as if they just reunited with an old buddy. that was better than the trophy.
I know that feeling. My buddy hasn't been doing so well and I asked him if he wanted to go with me to pickup a 5 ton in Kansas and I swear it was like I told my kids we were going to McDonald's.

When we got there he had a smile from ear to ear. When I asked him if he wanted to drive first I don't even think I finished the sentence before he was climbing into the truck.

He told me the past couple days brought back so many good memories, and he was happy to come along. Wife told me any more recoveries he goes for now on.

We both battle with our demons from our first deployment and getting my 818 has helped a lot and it seems getting him behind the wheel of a mv has helped another.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed a bothersome leaking PTO access cover with a custom PPE machined aluminum cover and some RTV Ultra Black. AND then, pumped ALL the oil back in...AGAIN...Oh, after the gasket cured.
SidePlateSideBySide.jpg

I finished up the frame tie-downs install. Then only did I realize there are two more (one each side) right next to each fuel tanks
:doh:.

I plumbed in an Expello electric automatic air drain valve on the wet tank. This valve blows down every 5 minutes once up to pressure and the juice is applied. I grounded it up to the frame and pulled power from the #54 lead on the ignition switch. This is lead is for the fuel solenoid so when you shut the engine down it kills automatic valve also.
expello_electronic_drain_valve.jpg

I replaced all battery terminals with brand new terminals and covered them all up with these nice heavy vinyl terminal covers.
Battery Terminal Covers.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice job Will. I did did this to one of my A2's last year. If I used the truck just on 10 minute rides Id leave it but it's just to noisy and I'm talking about for me inside the cab. I'm putting the muffler back on. I sound like my father!
To noisy, You must be kidding me, a 939 has the exhaust BETWEEN the cab which puts the sound BEHIND you, try a working hard straight piped m819 that has the exhaust even with the front window, ear plugs are a must and the right door window STAYS UP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks