• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friday took it to Gaston S.C. and picked up a trailer from IP and got to drive a hummer around the yard.
Sat I went to the Buford air show and had a great time with my girlfriend and my best buddy and his family
Got to see a lot of super cool aircraft and got to take a ride in a huey.
Also on the way home Sunday stopped back in at the IPyard and picked up another trailer for another member to bring to him at Denton.

What a Great weekend it was.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7a4njVK6Q&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

plode

Put the truck to (minor) work. Hauled 5040lbs of mulch and lime for the lawn home from Home Depot today. Truck handled it like a champ, rode better with the weight in the bed too. Home Depot employees loved the truck, and even took pictures with it while they were loading it with the fork lift.
1380032_10206788713860092_2901969426025262867_n.jpg
There is 1040lbs of lime you can't even see in front of the two taller pallets of mulch. Had to tape measure the height of the rear pallet, was worried about being over height. Was around 12'9", so we were good.
Now I just wish I had a fork lift at home to get it all off the truck :(

Peggy

Baby I had the time of my life this past weekend nothing like spending time with my man Coffey1 and good friends Andy and Carrie. We must do this again soon. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself hun does my heart good to see you this happy.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, a blank. It doesn't appear to have been fired either. Usually the end is open. I could be wrong though.
Unfired. I've found at least 1/2 a gallon of blanks (fired and unfired) and expended brass (live) in the back of the cab. And since one side still has a U bolt from where and LWS would go, who knows...

Another Ahab

Changed out the air dryer filters.
Also cleaned out the cab and found this. Training round? (It has been fired)
That sir is a blank.
Yup, a blank. It doesn't appear to have been fired either. Usually the end is open. I could be wrong though.
Unfired. I've found at least 1/2 a gallon of blanks (fired and unfired) and expended brass (live) in the back of the cab. And since one side still has a U bolt from where and LWS would go, who knows...
Everybody's advice here is on the money.

The crimp tells you the cartridge never had a bullet seated in that round.

And because the crimp is still tight (and not expanded), it suggests that the cartridge is still live (and full of powder).

There's a chance that the cartridge was crimped empty, but you don't know that unless you weigh it, or open the crimp (you can typically tell by the feel of it though).

The safe bet (and always go with safe around anything weapon-related):

- Treat it like a live cartridge.

Last edited:

ke5eua

What does the primer look like? I've fired blanks that didn't expand so you can't always rely on that. Sometimes the epoxy doesn't set on the end and the powder will fall out rendering the blank a nice noise maker.

Changed out the air dryer filters.
Also cleaned out the cab and found this. Training round? (It has been fired)
That sir is a blank.
Everybody's advice here is on the money.

The crimp tells you the cartridge never had a bullet seated in that round.

And because the crimp is still tight (and not expanded), it suggests that the cartridge is still live (and full of powder).

There's a chance that the cartridge was crimped empty, but you don't know that unless you weigh it, or open the crimp (you can typically tell by the feel of it though).

The safe bet (and always go with safe around anything weapon-related):

- Treat it like a live cartridge.
Hit with something see if it goes bang.

Another Ahab

No. It's been fired. It has the weight of a empty cartridge, as well as the percussion cap as been fired. Someone crimped it after the fact.
Percussion cap?

Pic of primer?
Haven't heard percussion cap in a while.

We're just "funnin'" with you Plane Fast, don't take it mean; it's not meant that way:

- Can you please post a picture of the rear of the cartridge?

- We just want to see if the primer cup is empty.

Last edited:

Plane Fast

Black powder is where it's at! :lol:
Lots of other toys that make that cartridge look like a baby. But yes primer would be correct in this case. I shot them, not build them!rofl
Per the TOU of this site. Can not elaborate. Sorry for derailing the 5 ton thread. ; )

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black power is where it's at! :lol:
Lots of other toys that make that cartridge look like a baby. But yes primer would be correct in this case. I shot them, not build them!rofl
Per the TOU of this site. Can not elaborate. Sorry for derailing the 5 ton thread. ; )
You're missing the letter "d" somewhere in this post, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks