• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced all my Differential fluids and Transfers case. And greased everything. I think I will give it a bath, Then time to start painting the inside of the bed

Jeep Nasty

Finally used my bobtail with a a big boy trailer, just moved it around my in-laws business to a better spot where they use it for storage. Now I need to finish my CDL so I can haul on the road.
I've passed all written tests I just haven't had Time to schedule road test.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430437064.427468.jpg

ke5eua

Finally used my bobtail with a a big boy trailer, just moved it around my in-laws business to a better spot where they use it for storage. Now I need to finish my CDL so I can haul on the road.
I've passed all written tests I just haven't had Time to schedule road test.
View attachment 557255
Make sure they will let you test using your tractor before you show up and they give you the run around.

MtnSnow

From my personal thread
Well got home from Interop in Vegas and dove in and busted out a couple of tasks on the 925! Whew! I'm beat...

Installed an EGT probe and mounted the LED readout panel to the shift tower (still need to make an angled dash mount for it Like the one Those Military Guys offer for a cleaner look down the road)
View attachment 557380

Mounted a 24v stereo and was able to find a couple of plastic housings that worked when cut down and they screwed right into bottom lip of the dash.
Also wired in a manual backup/override light switch to go along with the Reverse gear sending unit I installed (FYI...it's the same thing as an M35 brake light switch!). I did the manual switch so it allows me to turn on the backup lights without the truck running or being in reverse or it allows me to turn off the backup lights when in reverse for those times you don't want bright lights (Example for when in "camp" and don't need to light up other people's tents lol)
View attachment 557373 View attachment 557381 View attachment 557387 View attachment 557388 View attachment 557389

Also mounted an Antenna that I will be able to use with a CB
View attachment 557379

Oh and I did pick up a couple of the diff fill plugs and got those rounded out ones replaced along with completing a full Oil & Filter service (Engine, Trans, TC, Diffs & Hyd system) Sure am glad I have an AITA membership as it saved me huge $$ at Napa for the filters & Oils! I also installed a Fumoto Drain valve in the engine oil pan to make future services less messy and easier!

I do have to say it's amazing how much faster it to do some of these things on the 925 after having learned tricks and such from doing them on the 923! lol

Snowtiger

After patiently waiting to find a good buy on a 1" impact tool I found one that was regularly priced at 800.00 for only 125.00 name brand to boot. Talk about a deal, tested it and wow if you could only see my grin. My green beast is 23 lbs heavier but I'm sure she can handle it.

Another Ahab

After patiently waiting to find a good buy on a 1" impact tool I found one that was regularly priced at 800.00 for only 125.00 name brand to boot. Talk about a deal, tested it and wow if you could only see my grin. My green beast is 23 lbs heavier but I'm sure she can handle it.

Is it OK to tell us the brand name?

Scott88M

Put on a 5" stack I got for $20 on Craigslist using my original tailpipe as the lower extension after i cut off its bend. Louder than i anticipated but i love it. Sounds great and I've noticed the truck is running better.

Also my horn button wouldn't work there's a short somewhere in the column I've melted 2 buttons. So I lengthened the wire that attaches to bottom of column and a ground wire to a momentary switch, mounted it to driver window frame and added a pull cord. Works perfect now.

zout

Destroyed some wasp nest in the cab - air intake - where ever them little buggers decided to built is where they did.
The elec winch stopped working so that was removed (used for spare tire). Finished removal of all the ctis crapola off the tandems - lit up the Onan Microlite Generator and exercised with by turning the AC on in the box on HIGH - looking for some beef to hang to freeze in there now.

Pressure washed out the cab. Will get back onto some things I have been hoping to get onto and really no big rush to get them done - I do have to replace that drivers side windshield glass pretty so. Broke it last year swatting wasps.20150503_111323.jpg20150503_122645.jpg

ke5eua

From my build thread. Please be gentle, remember I am a genius when it comes to electronics and weapons. Fabricating isn't my strong point. Also, this is my first time mig welding (flux core). I've stick welded in the past, just not great. I'm getting better, just not where I'd like to be on a project like this, especially when a 10 lb roll of flux core varies between 65 to 85 bucks based on where you get it.

The beginning of the video I didn't realize the wife started recording and we were messing with each other.

Got a lot done the past couple days.

Seats installed.

Dash is almost complete, just need to smooth out the welds but it's starting to look snazzy.

Back wall is back on, just need to finish stripping the lacquer off and repaint. Also need to fill the rust holes. That is fun given the thin sheet metal.

Pics and a small video.

Attachments

Last edited:

ke5eua

I'm happy I've been able to get out and work on it. The VA doc might just have gotten the right mix of meds :)

As far as the seat, fits perfect. Going to make some cross brackets to hold all my radios and stuff, or just for shelves to go above the radios and inverter.

I've got plans and ideas, just glad it's all coming together finally.

Looks all good to me; nice work.

Those seats are a nice custom feature.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks