• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Had a torque rod pop off ! Luckily no real damage. Temp repair with a bfh and large ratchet strap. Got home safely. Now to check all the others and replace at least one rod. I will be able to procure some locally. While parked added some jacks, stands and tools to the tool box. Was going to replace all the glad hand seals but all but one have single lip seals and I have only double lip seals on hand. Anyone know if I can just put double lip seals in the glad hand instead of the single lip?

mdemars03

After finally getting everything fixed mechanically and getting it driving upgrades have started. Swapped out the 11X20's with 395 super singles.
20150614_191654.jpg20150614_193102.jpg20150614_202747.jpg

Got dark by the time we finished with the fronts so I will get some pics to show the entire truck with the super singles. I have to send a big thank you to my brother in law who is another member here VPed, for all the help and advice he has given me on getting this truck running and the new super singles.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I modified the right side troop seat to let down while the bed crane is in place. I made the cut slightly behind the second leg. The section between the first and second legs is now bolted upright. The rest folds down as intended. You can't really see it from the picture...but that was the point, lol.

20150616_204922.jpg

Awesome injector tool. Do you have any dimensions to share? Any pics of the tool in action?
Thanks
I don't have any photos of me using it but I will try to remember to take one tomorrow when pulling the 6th injector. Its a M12x1.5 metric lug nut welded to a bolt with a nut and washer and a short length of 1" black pipe. I would have liked to use a Grade 8 bolt but the bolts at Lowes were not completely threaded. I also should have used 2 or 3 washers before welding the lug nut on for strength reasons.
And for anyone that knows what they are looking at (because I don't), I'm assuming these injectors look horrible. Can anyone help me out? They had what looked like plastic sleeves on them near the O-ring groove, some came out with the injectors and seems like some is stuck in the head. Any advice?

Attachments

Not sure yet if there is good news or bad news. I dropped the injectors and turbo off at a diesel injector/turbo rebuild shop and he said the #3 injector (my problem cylinder) is pretty bad. He said the nozzle hole is way too big, looks like water damage and was dumping way too much fuel which may have washed out the cylinder. He said he will be checking/testing the injectors and get back to me today or tomorrow. In the mean time I'm looking for a compression tester adapter for the 8.3 to check the cylinder health.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here where I live they won't load it unless it's a dump.
Someone unload a truck by hand and hurt their back sued the gravel company and won.
So no loads without dump.

68hunter

Typical case where one idiot ruins things for everybody else. Gotta wonder though who is dumber, the guy that sued the gravel company or the court system for allowing a lawsuit to go through.

Another Ahab

Here where I live they won't load it unless it's a dump.
Someone unload a truck by hand and hurt their back sued the gravel company and won.
So no loads without dump.
Typical case where one idiot ruins things for everybody else. Gotta wonder though who is dumber, the guy that sued the gravel company or the court system for allowing a lawsuit to go through.
It's a gift to live in a country ruled by Law, but it sure does get ludicrous sometime and I guess that's the price we pay.

Because I am sure not understanding how the gravel company would be liable for someone hurting their back after purchase of the gravel.

:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks