• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Rmtaunton

It has four coming its not mine but craigs , and given that tire has a leak I deflated it so it didn't deflate on the road and loosen the straps

74M35A2

Had new fuel suction hoses made for my 925A2, since lots of reports here that they leak and suck air over time. Hose is high temp hydraulic hose, as recommended by the local shop which makes them. Wanted stainless braided with teflon liner, but they cringed and said that may look fab, but is not recommended for vibration. Good point. They said they string lots of semi trucks with this and have had zero come backs. Has a wire in the jacket, high heat calacity, 2300psi (but using on auction side), etc... Easier than pressure testing mine, and don't have to wonder if they are sucking air in the winter.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Had new fuel suction hoses made for my 925A2, since lots of reports here that they leak and suck air over time. Hose is high temp hydraulic hose, as recommended by the local shop which makes them. Wanted stainless braided with teflon liner, but they cringed and said that may look fab, but is not recommended for vibration. Good point. They said they string lots of semi trucks with this and have had zero come backs.
I know I'm being nosey (and it's not good manners to ask about money and all), but would you mind mentioning (maybe just the range) of what the cost of something like these is? And of course you can say no; that's not a problem.

But I don't know if those things are like $20 each or $220 each; haven't a clue.

74M35A2

They charged me $35 cash no receipt total for both, but they know me. And, I have since made them black for Coff:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

She is in the paint booth , I.e the yard , lots of prep last night and first coat on. Also got 4.0 motor going back together today , it's funny haven't had a weekend off on forever and when I do it's work work work ha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442177556.288641.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442177574.755169.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442177584.723063.jpg

Last edited:

fattboy123456

Hey every one new to the forums Just Purchased my first 1990 BMY 6x6 Tractor Truck....
Drove her home was just 100 miles away
With in just picking her up a few months ago I have all ready Lightened her up (took off spare tire and mounthing)
Modded the Bosch MW Fuel pump
Muffler Delete with a Stack
Custom Steering Wheel
All new Leather bucket seats (2015 Police Ford Suv)

This Truck was a Gem picked it up from Government Auction for pennys Odometer says 12k miles
but there was what it looks like to be a full overhaul of the truck at 10k miles 5 years ago
the truck had a full service done on it 6 months before i picked it up full fluid and filter change and all new batterys with a solar charging system installed on it
I know this because of the hand written dates on the batteries and filters

gottaluvit

Hey every one new to the forums Just Purchased my first 1990 BMY 6x6 Tractor Truck....
Drove her home was just 100 miles away
With in just picking her up a few months ago I have all ready Lightened her up (took off spare tire and mounthing)
Modded the Bosch MW Fuel pump
Muffler Delete with a Stack
Custom Steering Wheel
All new Leather bucket seats (2015 Police Ford Suv)

This Truck was a Gem picked it up from Government Auction for pennys Odometer says 12k miles
but there was what it looks like to be a full overhaul of the truck at 10k miles 5 years ago
the truck had a full service done on it 6 months before i picked it up full fluid and filter change and all new batterys with a solar charging system installed on it
I know this because of the hand written dates on the batteries and filters
Welcome and congrats on the "steal".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks