• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

tucker79

Hello peacemkr, and I am your neighbor. What car show did you go to? I would like to bring my truck with your's to a show sometime...WHATADEUCE
Me TooIMG_3146.jpgIMG_2260.jpgFB_IMG_1444404422089.jpgFB_IMG_1444238081308.jpg Had a great time camping at the PLANTBAMBOO Mud park with my new All Terrain Camper (ATC)I slapped together. Worked out real well AC, shower, kitchen n nice bunk storage storage storage. If I had a buck for every truck i pulled out it mite have covered the fuel bill. Cant believe how much less fuel the multi burned compared to the Cummings Thinking something must be wrong Any Ideas on absurd fuel consumption with the Cummings???
Great trip with visiting fam n friends. 4 of us that all grew up on same street in CT, now spread all over the USA meet up in a cow field in the middle of FL Go figure
I started a thread Palm Beach MV club to try n communicate to the local MV guys and meet up at some shows, trail rides, cruising and mudding events.
Happy Truckn

JohnnyBM931A2

Me TooView attachment 587297View attachment 587298View attachment 587296View attachment 587299 Had a great time camping at the PLANTBAMBOO Mud park with my new All Terrain Camper (ATC)I slapped together. Worked out real well AC, shower, kitchen n nice bunk storage storage storage. If I had a buck for every truck i pulled out it mite have covered the fuel bill. Cant believe how much less fuel the multi burned compared to the Cummings Thinking something must be wrong Any Ideas on absurd fuel consumption with the Cummings???
Great trip with visiting fam n friends. 4 of us that all grew up on same street in CT, now spread all over the USA meet up in a cow field in the middle of FL Go figure
I started a thread Palm Beach MV club to try n communicate to the local MV guys and meet up at some shows, trail rides, cruising and mudding events.
Happy Truckn
Is it a 250 Cummins? Most people say those are good for 4mpg. The 8.3 Cummins like mine are around 8-10mpg. And I seem to remember people saying they were getting 10mpg with the multi trucks.

gottaluvit

Finally braved changing zippered dust boots. It was okay, but a bit frustrating. I had soldier two on standby, as I went to his place to do the job since he has a machine shop and every tool imagineable, but I insisted on tackling these things solo. I found rubber shock mounts to squeeze in there perfect to hold the inside ring in place as I worked it around the circumference. Still popped off once but I finally got them in. Had to chase the threads on the little flathead bolts that the wire goes through on one side, but the other side all of them were good. Used stainless mig welding wire to rethread the bolts. Also, filled the fuel tanks and got some Stanadyne in there. That 8.3 is a fuel sipper. Supposed to be better with the Stanadyne.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the left side fuel tank strap rubber. The original stuff had dry rot all over it. This is not the most common rubber to find.
DSC_0026.jpg

I added two GI military angle head flashlight holders to the back wall of the cab tub. I bought the holders on eBay. They were light green like the interior of an APC. I painted them 686 sand. They are mounted slightly shimmed out at the top so the flashlight when removed doesn't hit the lip at the top rear of the cab tub. I used the bottom bolt holes already drilled for the two middle cab top tie down hooks to mount the top of the holder and drilled some new holes for the bottoms. They fit perfectly just behind my .50 Cal. Ammo Box Center Consoles.
DSC_0024.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0035.jpg

With these holders, as issued, the later issued flashlights with finger guards around the switch will not fit. You either have to modify the light or the holder. Neither which I wanted to do. So, I found a lot of three excellent condition earlier style guard-less lights on auction, bid on them and won for a decent price. They have been upgraded to LED bulbs and installed their red filters...Now we're tactical!
DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0028.jpg

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and started the install of a tractor protection valve, two check valves, a trailer supply valve and associated tubing and fittings. This will fully complete the air brake install once I receive a shipment of some missing fittings.
DSC_0203.jpgDSC_0205.jpgDSC_0206.jpgDSC_0031.jpg

peacemkr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello peacemkr, and I am your neighbor. What car show did you go to? I would like to bring my truck with your's to a show sometime...WHATADEUCE
Hello, There are a lot of shows around. If you go to http://www.flacarshows.com/sh-se.htm it gives you all the shows. We usually go to one per weekend but mainly with our car and not the truck. I'll be in the truck for the next few due to the car being down for repair. We all need to get together and hit one sometime.

peacemkr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me TooView attachment 587297View attachment 587298View attachment 587296View attachment 587299 Had a great time camping at the PLANTBAMBOO Mud park with my new All Terrain Camper (ATC)I slapped together. Worked out real well AC, shower, kitchen n nice bunk storage storage storage. If I had a buck for every truck i pulled out it mite have covered the fuel bill. Cant believe how much less fuel the multi burned compared to the Cummings Thinking something must be wrong Any Ideas on absurd fuel consumption with the Cummings???
Happy Truckn

I think I'm on your PB MV club. If not how do I get on?

tucker79

I think I'm on your PB MV club. If not how do I get on?
This is the 1st time Iv done anything like this but I will post when and where I will be going with my trucks
Subscribe to the thread and post what events you will be at as I could use all the help I can get. That site link you shared will help a lot
Thanks and look forward to meeting you and others in our MV community

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello peacemkr and tucker 79, lets all get together at a local sshow on southern blvd, saturday night...lets coordinat my number is 561-315-9477 Pete (WHATADEUCE)

therooster2001

Pulled out the nasty insulation and put new stuff in. It has Mylar on one side, and sticky tape on the other. Bout $120 for the whole hood. 1" thick.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792190.312097.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792208.657753.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks