• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

For those who saw the issue I had earlier this week over me getting a code violation notice over my 5 ton the issue is over. Long story short... I came out victorious in this instance. I provided code compliance with all the necessary documents and information and I am allowed to keep my 5 ton at my house. Being that it is registered as an antique is what saved me.
That's terrific!

Cheers to you, Brother. :beer:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey mdemars03, glad the code violation worked out for you. Hope I don't ever have to deal with that issue. Also congratulations on the new truck. I love my M923:driver:

Ford Mechanic

uploadfromtaptalk1445108745515.jpg Opening day! 2 each! I forgot to take a pic with them hanging from the spare tire hoist. Pulled out a fellow hunter who had slid his truck into a wet rut with the 923

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

Still a little early isn't it?

Did you take them with a bow? Shotgun? Or is it already rifle season in NC?
Yep, Rifle season opened today! Bow and black powder have been in for a month for one and 2 weeks for the other. I broke in a new stand too. I worked hard on it during the off season and finally got it up 3 weeks ago. The 923 helped!uploadfromtaptalk1445118166300.jpg I shot both of mine within 3 min of each other in the same area. My father in law did the same thing less than 10 min later at the other end of the field.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 588465 Opening day! 2 each! I forgot to take a pic with them hanging from the spare tire hoist. Pulled out a fellow hunter who had slid his truck into a wet rut with the 923
Nice talley, 4 plump does. Now the real works starts but it will be worth it. Pass the mashed potatoes please.......
Headed into the woods tomorrow w/ a muzzle loader. Rifle season opens 11/14/15 .
JC

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Yep, Rifle season opened today! Bow and black powder have been in for a month for one and 2 weeks for the other. I broke in a new stand too. I worked hard on it during the off season and finally got it up 3 weeks ago. The 923 helped!View attachment 588494 I shot both of mine within 3 min of each other in the same area. My father in law did the same thing less than 10 min later at the other end of the field.
Nice talley, 4 plump does. Now the real works starts but it will be worth it. Pass the mashed potatoes please.......
Headed into the woods tomorrow w/ a muzzle loader. Rifle season opens 9/14/15 .
JC
That's something, you all start early.

I remember losing all my carpenters in November when I was a construction project manager working jobs here in D.C.:

- Maryland rifle season was always around the middle of November.

- And then the Virginia carpenters would disappear about a week or two later.

You were expected just to "know" that; used to drive me bananas!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Busy day for me today. Coffey1 helped me rebuild the fuel selector valve, change both fuel filters, install an engine block heater and coolant bypass filter on the 932A2 today. We also unspooled the winch and verified it worked. Since it had never been used, we found out that the hydraulic lines were crisscrossed. I'm ready for the Rally.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i bought my truck the singles had already been installed but the thimbles had been reused. I had bought the proper lug nuts a while ago and finally got around to putting them on. After a quick trip down a bumpy dirt road they were re-torqued, painted and marked.

20151016_083951.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Ford Mechanic, nice opening day. Hope I have some luck on Monday, opening day of archery season here:jumpin: Love the idea of using the spare tire crane to clean and butcher the deer.

MtnSnow

Broke out my M923a2 to run into downtown SLC to my work so I could pickup a shipment that I had delivered to my work address and then drove up to Fort Douglas (UofU campus) to catch the UMVC swap meet before returning to work and then finally home. Got a bunch of thumbs up from the people arriving to the stadium for all the tailgating activities for tonight's game ASU vs UofU

therooster2001

Took off my painted tan mudflats, and swapped with original black ones. I love my tan color, but everything is painted (not the cab inside). For some reason it really bugged me that those and the engine shields were tan. I need to paint the engine shield metal tan and I'll feel better.

Ford Mechanic

Hey Ford Mechanic, nice opening day. Hope I have some luck on Monday, opening day of archery season here:jumpin: Love the idea of using the spare tire crane to clean and butcher the deer.
Works great, this was the first time my father in law had seen it done that way. His back had been giving him problems and want looking forward to cleaning them on the ground. Pic from last yearuploadfromtaptalk1445180556163.jpg

Ddmk18

Got around to installing my electric control valves for the hydraulics that way I have my winch control, dump bed, knuckle crane (needs installed) and an auxiliary line. I wanted to run everything off the trucks PTO. I have two more custom switches coming
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks