• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

74M35A2

You #$&^ you beat me to it! I looked into doing this with manifold mounted valves. Looks like you did it with valves alone ( single station valve/manifolds)? What size are they, D05?

Ddmk18

Don't worry I have had them for months and just finally got around to it. Sometimes life just gets in the way and the truck projects just sit. Next is some paint work on the bed and install my knuckle crane that I have had for 2 years now.

JohnnyBM931A2

Painted my Harbor Freight "cupholder" with green Rustoleum camo paint. Came out awesome. Doesn't really match the trucks paint, but still stands out a lot less than it did when it was red.

Also cut down 2 4x4x8 posts into 8 21" pieces. I'm hoping that will be enough wood to keep on hand in the trucks toolbox (feel free to chime in on that.) Once those were in the toolbox I reorganized the tools and tucked everything in there neatly.

Also installed my new H4 bulbs.. Pulled out the 70/75w bulbs and put in 90/100's. I'll have to see if those work out.

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Got around to installing my electric control valves for the hydraulics that way I have my winch control, dump bed, knuckle crane (needs installed) and an auxiliary line. I wanted to run everything off the trucks PTO. I have two more custom switches coming
That is very good work! How much (if you dont mind my asking) does a system like that cost? I am thinking about getting a cargo (preferably M925A2) but would like to make it dump as well. I just like the look of a covered cargo truck.

Artisan

Got around to installing my electric control valves for the hydraulics that way I have my winch control, dump bed, knuckle crane (needs installed) and an auxiliary line. I wanted to run everything off the trucks PTO. I have two more custom switches coming
View attachment 588800View attachment 588801View attachment 588802View attachment 588803View attachment 588804
I bet ya if you were to make a schematic for some simple add on's, like
adding one switched hydraulic for maybe a dump bed or bedwinch, and maybe others for more
complex installs later, and if it had PARTS NUMBERS of the widgets, I bet guys
would give you a medal! No kidding. Heck, make a kit! I would love
at minimum a hydraulic outlet for a rear winch or a bed winch.

Ddmk18

I got everything cheap and hydraulic hose shop made all my hoses up at cost. I have about $350 in valves and blocks another $175 in 3 dual port relief valves and about $300 in all my fittings and hoses. You would have less if you just wanted a winch and dump bed but I ran a third valve for a knuckle crane and auxiliary line (rear winch or what ever I decide to use it for) I would be willing to help anyone out with setting up a system PM me and I would be willing to help with what I know.

Last edited:

gottaluvit

I got everything cheap and hydraulic hose shop made all my hoses up at cost. I have about $350 in valves and blocks another $175 in 3 dual port relief valves and about $300 in all my fittings and hoses. You would have less if you just wanted a winch and dump bed but I ran a third valve for a knuckle crane and auxiliary line (rear winch or what ever I decide to use it for) I would be willing to help anyone out with setting up a system PM me and I would be willing to help with what I know.
So how about that cylinder assembly? And by the way, thank you very much for the offer of assistance.

Last edited:

74M35A2

I am not kidding that if YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.

Build a kit, easy instructions and make some $.
I doubt it. You can see he spent nearly $1000 just in parts, and that is at a discount on almost all components. So then add a profit margin in there to make it worth doing so, and you are up over $1000. Example, how much would you pay to switch yours to solenoid valves, and how many channels would you want for that amount? My opinion, is only the few that REALLY want it would do it, and do it themselves, as the cost is over $1000. I also want to do it, but you need a big set of stones to throw 4 figures at your toy truck.

74M35A2

Added a self contained 24v amber strobe to the rear for safety if on road side at night. Other holes are for clear LED backup/work lights, and reverse alarm. Drilling steel with a 4" hole saw is not the easiest task...

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's something, you all start early.

I remember losing all my carpenters in November when I was a construction project manager working jobs here in D.C.:

- Maryland rifle season was always around the middle of November.

- And then the Virginia carpenters would disappear about a week or two later.

You were expected just to "know" that; used to drive me bananas!
Edited my post, wrong date, rifle season opens in November, archery is Sept.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks