• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Yes, we've pulled many a white tail out w/ the CJ. We also sip the juice after the guns are put up and the sun goes down. No luck this past weekend, saw some small ones.
The very first rule of hunting AND fishing:

- You might SEE some small ones

- But the only ones you BAG are always the biggest! [thumbzup]

Let's see here, uhm, this thread's all about hunting for 5 tons, right?

Ford Mechanic

Let's see here, uhm, this thread's all about hunting for 5 tons, right?
Hunting with 5 ton's! We have a 8 ft rule for rifles here in chowan county. So we use it as a mobile stand. Couple lawn chairs, put the shooting rail in the troop seat holes, and hang some break up fabric off it so the can't see you move. Works great around big open fields.

EO2NMCB

It maybe a few dollars cheaper at the truck stop, however the air hose and chuck do not have the built in air gauge like the military ones.

gottaluvit

Thats long enough considering there's a place to attach both front and rear. I was actually referring to quality. I got mine from hf and my truck came with a glad hand connector already connected. The inflater has a built in gauge but it is cheaply made and one can tell it wont last.

Thats long enough considering there's a place to attach both front and rear. I was actually referring to quality. I got mine from hf and my truck came with a glad hand connector already connected. The inflater has a built in gauge but it is cheaply made and one can tell it wont last.
i bought it. He took my offer of $40!

mdemars03

Installed my VIC-1. I have a two station unit at the moment, but plan on eventually making it a 4 station with a loud speaker and mic in the bed against the cab and another station with bail out cable and headset at the rear of the truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one of those Wilton hitch mount vices. I'll probably never use this silly thing, but it is now in the truck box. Maybe I'll crack some walnuts with it at Christmas...

http://www.wiltontools.com/us/en/p/6-atv-all-terrain-vise-/10010
One must be very careful when cracking one's nuts in a vise or by any other method for that matter. Crack ONLY the shell and NOT the tender parts inside.

:shock::shock:

After all, it is within those little kernels wherein lies the seed of life itself.

By the way..... NICE VISE.

Carry on.

mdemars03

Got my sugar scoop and standoff bracket in today. Plan on installing it in the next day or so. Just need to find the mounting brackets to be able to set up my RT-524. After that I will start looking at paint.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a radio and a dome light this week. While I enjoy listening to the whine of the turbo, I have to have some music too. I just happened to have this speaker laying around that wasn't being used. It fit perfectly wedged between the wiper motors and the roof. It sounds surprisingly good for its size.

20151022_171956b.jpg

20151022_171925a.jpg

Last edited:

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a radio and a dome light this week. While I enjoy listening to the whine of the turbo, I have to have some music too. I just happened to have this speaker laying around that wasn't being used. It fit perfectly wedged between the wiper motors and the roof. It sounds surprisingly good for its size.

View attachment 589586

View attachment 589587
Looks good Jason.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks