• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tailgate is busy! However, I like everything you have on it. Might take a couple redlights for anyone to take it all in but once they do they'll either love it or hate it. I bet you get some thumbs up. BTW, the hex nuts are funny.
I do get a lot of [thumbzup][thumbzup], but I also get some sneers because of the political inclinations of the majority of people in my neck of the woods. I just shine the haters on.

Everything on the tailgate with exception of the yellow warning plate and black star are on magnetic backing. They can be removed easily for a more "tactical" look...cleans up well. The Gadsden and Armor Branch Symbol plates below are bolted on.
DSC_0038.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

A little history on the layout...
Upper right: the military charities given to monthly...USO, Fisher House, and Semper Fi (America's) Fund
Upper left: my military service...US Army, 2nd Armored Div., 66th Armored Regiment, MOS 19K M1 Abrams Armor Crewman.
All else is self explanatory

Bumperettes: 2▲3▲66 = 2nd Armored Div., 3rd Armored Battalion, 66th Armored Regiment
B - 4 = was the number of our (Bravo) company supply Deuce.

JohnnyBM931A2

Got home too late yesterday to get any painting done on the muffler frame or lower exhaust pipe :(

Too chilly and windy to paint today either. However, I did lay some newspaper on the floor in the garage so I could spray the clamps, brackets, and bolts with high temp barbecue paint. I also hit the aforementioned parts with rust killing primer before I repainted them.

My gaskets arrived yesterday, so once I get the muffler frame and lower pipe painted I can get everything reinstalled :) It's supposed to be slightly nicer outside tomorrow, and I have an early day at work.. Might be able to get the painting done, and then I will be ready to reinstall the muffler and heat shield on Sunday :naner: Then when my new top pipe arrives on Monday I will get that painted and installed.

gottaluvit

Replaced my RR side marker light's lense. I had put all new lenses on this summer but got some overspray on this one and decided to not use any brain cells and use gasoline to take the overspray off. I knew better.20151107_094201.jpg

So really this picture is a before stupid move and after replacement.20151107_094613.jpg

I also painted and installed a tow strap hook. (Or whatever it's original purpose was.)
20151107_094141.jpg

Both items picked up at the GA rally.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Replaced my RR side marker light's lense. I had put all new lenses on this summer but got some overspray on this one and decided to not use any brain cells and use gasoline to take the overspray off. I knew better.View attachment 592493
I hate those kind of moments that as soon as you do something:

- You know it's wrong

But it's already over, and it's too late to go back. I've dome stuff like that more than once (and I kick myself for everyone of them). aua

So don't feel alone.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't catch one of your new LED tail lights with brake cleaner while attempting to kill a wasp nest in the tail light hole either. You'll hear about 200 pops and cracks for the next 10 seconds then it'll look like somebody took after it with a hammer. This will unleash a rage inside of you never witnessed before by humans and cause multiple things to get damaged from other items being hurled haphazardly. Your only reward will be the few dead wasps on the ground. You'll stare at them distantly and yell....MAMA WHY?!

But I digress...although I do feel your pain. ;)

Jeep Nasty

I installed back up lights, back up alarm and reverse camera on Thursday,ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446926512.327345.jpg then I went and got my CDL-A today.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also painted and installed a tow strap hook. (Or whatever it's original purpose was.)
View attachment 592495

Both items picked up at the GA rally.[/QUOTE]

That is a armored towing cable foot/shackle. MDSA was selling the cables at the rally. Now I am ready to tow my m1......

gottaluvit

View attachment 592495

Both items picked up at the GA rally.

That is a armored towing cable foot/shackle. MDSA was selling the cables at the rally. Now I am ready to tow my m1......[/QUOTE]

I saw them there. I thought they were way too short. Did I strike out by not inquiring? Are they longer than they appeared?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The word that comes to mind is massive. Maybe 12 ft long and 1 1/4 wide from what I remember. You can tow the space shuttle with them. Just the ends must be worth a fortune.
I am not sure what i am going to do with them. Got to figure a cool way to mount on my 5 ton.

MtnSnow

Tied up with several SS members prior to the Ogden Veterans Parade this morning for breakfast and then on to the parade where we represented the UMVC and the POW/MIA Awareness Org of Utah.

Was a great start to the weekend!
IMG_20151107_091203887_HDR.jpgIMG_20151107_091006633[1].jpg

JohnnyBM931A2

Came home from work later than I thought today. But still, after running the truck for a while I went ahead and painted the lower exhaust pipe and flex joint with the high temp barbecue paint.. Looks SOOOOO much better than it did before :) Even though I did not accomplish everything that I wanted to do today, I am still happy.

infidel got me

Replaced my left abs sensor[wire crushed] yep you guessed it abs light is still on. So tomorrow I will check connections at abs module. Will be painting her Tuesday or Wednesday for Veterans Day parade on Saturday -- busy busy

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a new battery hold down bracket. When I install the winch I'll also add 2 more batteries so I'll have to make another one that holds 4 batteries. This will do for now though.

20151107_222928.jpg

My new waterproof remote for my Golight came in today.

20151107_223117.jpg

I finished welding the winch mounting plate and primed it. I still have to drill the holes for the winch and the ones that match up with the frame. This will bolt to the top of the frame extensions and use the existing top bolts from front to back.

20151107_223332.jpg

20151107_223439.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks