• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the M88, that's a great looking machine:

- Is the mission tank recovery, or is it for something else like combat engineering or something?
I think Sigo nailed it pretty good. The M88A2 Hercules is my favorite tracked vehicle. Of course I'll never have one, but you can't stop a man from dreaming.

I got 3 of those chain assemblies in the BII for my M936A1 wrecker, intended for rear deck winch use.
Good to know. Researching the NSN led me to a description of "barrel lifting device", so I figured it was something special to the M88. Apparently that description is just one of its duties.

WV New Guy

Gave the truck a rest on all 6 tires then gave her new oil ,new trans fluid greased every thing and found the real source of why I had no steering after getting pulled. Found a clamp had sliced thru the power steering hose under the protective cover . Going to my friends OTR shop tomorrow and he's going to build me new hose. Got nice and clean fluids in the trans and crankcase . Will be needing to replace some tires due to damage from smoking them trying to get out of the ditch. Pics t9 follow

therooster2001

See post 3316 :roll: :p
So funny thing is I did paint in the garage, but it was sunny and 60 degrees until 2:00, then snowing by 5:30. Nasty snow too, almost had to pull over because visibility went to nothing. I couldn't imagine trying to negotiate that with the 5ton wipers..

Pict of the bed (still wet and has an odd shadow)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454212954.919652.jpg

Pict of the snow outside the car the wife took
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454213170.352383.jpg

gottaluvit

Well if you make it down there this year, you have an MV seat to ride in if you end up in the Camaro again. I didn't do too much heavy offroading at the last one because I had a bed full of parts. I won't have that problem at the next one.

You might even get to ride with me and Gimpy to hunt down a covert operations vehicle in the middle of the night, lol....Shenanigans!
Thanks for the offer and hospitality. I still have to work with when I am going. I will most likely time it for the rally again and put an extra day in the schedule to stay overnight in a tent. I would like to hit the trails, for sure, even if in the back with a few parts!

Ford Mechanic

Lovely weather you're having.. Yeah I have used the 5 ton wipers in a very heavy downpour, but I have yet to use them during heavy driven snow. Although, they do move pretty fast on high speed.
Try having them fail in a heavy down pour! My ppv failed coming home last year in a down pour, luckily it was within the last 20 miles of a 5 hr trip.

Ford Mechanic

Yeah it was daytime, I found I could run 45mph and have enough visability to continue. Luckily the rest of the traffic was running slower also due to the weather.

infidel got me

Finished sanding and painting my bed today. Installed my rear springs yesterday and mocked up axle placement. Dropping off driveshaft tomorrow to get lengthened. Stopping by metal shop to get plates for bottom of spring perches, and then to put it all back together! I still have three weeks before Redingers rally. Man I am going to be busy. I'll post some pics tomorrow when the smoke clears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks