• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleaned up the last Kansas Overhauled truck I have in stock. "The Kansas City Sisters" has a nice ring to it don't you think? :mrgreen:
Yes, "Sisters" has a nice ring to it, for sure:

- But how about "Eenie, Meenie, Miney"

And then get your self a wrecker to call "Mo"!?
Nice call, Rocky, but that sounds an awful lot like THE THREE STOOGES.

My mind flashed to the Andrews Sisters of WWII....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qafnJ6mRbgk

gottaluvit

finally got the solid axle mounted. i had a steer axle in the rear and decided to swap it out for the regular rear axle.
then i measured out and marked where i want the mudflaps. ground the brackets off of the the 3ft section of bed i had cut off. welded those brackets onto the bed, then mounted the mudflaps.
Confused as to why you had a steer axle in the rear. Is your truck bobbed? Was it four wheel steering?

azteclizard

it started life as an m52a2. i swapped the rear tandems for the front axle and springs off of an M54a2. i did in fact put rear steer on it but i didn't like it, so i changed the steer axle out for one of the original solid axles.
its not technically bobbed since the frame wasn't shortened. i actually lengthened the frame by putting the extensions and winch up front.

gottaluvit

Good to know there are plugs being used on these tires. I will do it myself, or at least try. If not, theres a real nice heavy truck tire shop that I am on the good side of since I ordered extra rim seals for and took to them.
Picked up a load of scrap wood from the (hardwood) sawmill today and swung by the heavy truck tire shop, that I am on good terms with, to get my slow leak plugged and hopefully converted to a "no leak". They plugged it nicely for a mere $10. No more CTIS attitude on startups anymore (hopefully).

infidel got me

As my bed is off and the weather was nice, I painted my bed and the back of my cab. Things are starting to move forward finally. Still waiting on my driveshaft- what was supposed to be a no problem it will be done in 3 days, has turned into a week and a day. No biggie, I have plenty of other stuff to do. Two weeks and counting--- winter rally right around the corner!

gottaluvit

As my bed is off and the weather was nice, I painted my bed and the back of my cab. Things are starting to move forward finally. Still waiting on my driveshaft- what was supposed to be a no problem it will be done in 3 days, has turned into a week and a day. No biggie, I have plenty of other stuff to do. Two weeks and counting--- winter rally right around the corner!
"Winter rally". You're in Florida; there's no winter!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpg
Went for a ride during a lull in the blizzard. She ran real well, after a couple of hours on the block heater! Came across this Toyota in a snow bank right near home. Hooked up a tow strap and pulled it out with no throttle and no damage. Those kids were very happy we came by.:driver:

gottaluvit

View attachment 607243
Went for a ride during a lull in the blizzard. She ran real well, after a couple of hours on the block heater! Came across this Toyota in a snow bank right near home. Hooked up a tow strap and pulled it out with no throttle and no damage. Those kids were very happy we came by.:driver:
That's awesome. They'll remember that beast pulling them out their entire lives!

Spyderman

I went down to Tennessee yesterday and picked up a still in the crate complete cargo cover for my truck. Bad thing is it has been snowing. I so wanted to put it on today.
snowtruck.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks