• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have them all for sale. I think the 934 is sold minus the van unit . I am looking at a m1075 pls

gottaluvit

I came home to a sunny warm morning and got the ole pressure washer out and got the crud off all of them. Only took 2 gallons of gas.
Must have been a day for that. I just picked up a pressure washer today from Rural King and broke it in on my M929A2 today. Was sunny and near 60°F when I started and in the 40s by the time I was done. Dirt road to the limestone quarry was pretty sloppy last week. Cleaned the glass and mirrors and got everything put away just as the sun set. Used about one gallon of gas on just cleaning this unit.

Last edited:

mdemars03

First off, yes it is very fun.

Second, yes I drop pressure before hitting the trails. Pressure depends on what else I may do that day. If I don't want to deal with airing back up for the drive home (CTIS currently inop) I will put them at about 40 pounds. If we are going on some of the softer trails or somewhere that we may sit for a little bit before making the drive home I will go down to about 25 pounds. I won't get on the road lower than 40 pounds though. That is just my personal thing. I do have a hose to hook up to the glad hand ports to refill the tires wherever I may be.

Pressure and learning about this truck I have to give a ton of credit to VPED and other members of this site. Otherwise I'm sure I would be stuck somewhere. :razz:

mdemars03

We have taken them to some other spots and been able to get a little more flex out of them. I usually don't get any good pics like this of the frame and axle flex but was lucky enough to have family in a good photo op spot while I was going up this hill. The rear axles will flex enough to rub on the bottom of the bed if you aren't careful.

71DeuceAK

Yeah, these trucks are just impressive and awesome in just about in every regard. Offroad capability is what got me into wanting one, but from there it was a slippery slope to seriously considering a M939 as a daily driver. People laugh at me all the time...

If nothing else, I've always thought the nose of the M939 series looked cool...

gottaluvit

My situation might be similar, though in interior Alaska. We'll see...
Eh, never a challenge for these 6x6s. I remember while stationed in Germany, the truck I was issued never spun a tire in snow or mud. One time I was all excited as we were out training in some sloppy mud and I thought, "Now I can make some rooster tails". Well, that sure didn't happen. The beast just shot like on a 1/4 mile dragstrip with slicks. Have yet to see some tails from these traction grabbing beasts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks