• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Got my new seats for the truck.

I know not all 4 will fit. I am going to take the extra one and mount it on an old axle so it spins. Take people for a joy ride.
That sounds pretty wacky and fun, but you mean that the wheels on the axle will spin, and not the seat (a fixed seat on a free-wheeling axle), is that it?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure he means to spin the rider. I've seen this setup before. Good way of testing egos. I have better ways of brusing and braking bones.

Nice land in your links above.

Another Ahab

Pretty sure he means to spin the rider. I've seen this setup before. Good way of testing egos. I have better ways of brusing and braking bones.

Nice land in your links above.
So it's not pulled behind a vehicle (like a chariot), but the seat spins 360* around a fixed axle; is that the picture?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Spyderman, that is a crazy contraption and you would never get me on one of those. The photo of your place looks like a great place to live.

71DeuceAK

Wow, sounds like a really nice area!

My situation might be 6 acres, with a river running through it/dividing it in half. Neighbors behind me though and their driveway crosses the property.

The road makes a couple hairpin turns but I don't think it'll require any 3-pointers!

At first, I thought those were airline seats!

Another Ahab

I have about 11 acres that is hay field down by the river. A lot of it behind the house is woods. I have a little bit of it all. Some flat a lot of hills. Pond. River. Beautiful view.
That there is a real corner of Paradise you got yourself, Spyderman.

I bet it's something in the Fall. Winter too, with snow cover, for that matter.

And with that stretch of river included. it's mighty close to Heaven. [thumbzup]

Spyderman

Thanks guys. We love it here. its exactly what we wanted. We had a great realtor that looked and looked for a long time to find it. We did have 1 neighbor that lived at the bottom of our driveway. I can home one day and there were cops everywhere. They were taking the girlfriend away for selling drugs. THATS IT YOU ARE GONE. I talked to the owner and said if you want to sell I will buy it. Done deal. No neighbors now.

71DeuceAK

...And it means no druggies will ever move in next to you again!

One of the houses I spent parts of my childhood living in later became a meth lab, no joke! It's since been demolished and something else built in its place. Drove back up there a few years ago and our old neighbors told us some horror stories LOL.

Although my current house was a grow-op before we had it, as evidenced by the heavy-duty wiring to the master bedroom closet, all the big lights still in the house, etc.

71DeuceAK

I've also thought once I get a Deuce/5 ton I'd love to take people driving around, just for the experience. Particularly running friends around on errands, picking friends up at the airport, etc.

Spyderman

Ok this is what I did today. The M105A2 that I bought had the lunette upside down from the guy I bought it from so it was easier to tow with his pickup truck. So I flipped it back over.
trailer1.jpgtrailer2.jpg

When I bought the trailer it had the old style landing gear. Pain the the ass to put up. The trailer came with the new style so I finally got around to putting it on.

trailer3.jpgtrailer4.jpgtrailer5.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to splurge a little and upgrade my "Gimpy Light".

20160310_050351.jpg

The light was off here but the flash lit it up instead.

20160310_050341.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can sort of tell, but not totally sure:

- That light location is the rear of the cab, right?

And is the thing remote-control moveable?
Yes and yes. The mount for the light is an M939 antenna mount that bolts to the exhaust stack support. It originally had a ring of magnets on top but removing them gave me a flat surface to work with.

The light is operated by wired remote in the cab, and wireless remote.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks