• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's very cool.

Will these various sources quote you as a private individual even though you don't have a CAGE Code?
I'm sure they will. If you're used to paying surplus prices, be prepared for sticker shock though. When trying to secure the inner rails for the winch frame extensions I got a quote from one of those places. I could have them in 2 days for $458 a piece plus freight shipping, lol. Lowest price for NOS on Ebay at the time was $128 a piece shipped for comparison.

Now you can learn me something. I see CAGE codes all the time but have not a clue what they mean?

Another Ahab

Now you can learn me something. I see CAGE codes all the time but have not a clue what they mean?
It's just a shorthand that Uncle Sam uses for procurement. It's a federal registry of Suppliers and Contractors:

- Makes the game easier as purchasing agents and agencies can quickly determine the background, details, and history of any contractor/ supplier that they might be doing business with.

I was once Business Development VP for a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and the CAGE Codes were second-nature; we used them all the time.

The acronym is short for Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) Code:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_and_Government_Entity_code

Last edited:

infidel got me

5tonweekly

I thought cage code meant--- cost always grossly exaggerated

I priced a small part a while back and almost fell over, those guys are highhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

AMGeneral

The 760 feet of 5/8 cable arrived yesterday,brand new US made!

I got 200 feet measured out and installed on the M54A1C this evening,I'll finish the winch chain on it and take pictures of the cable on the wrecker install tomorrow.

I also contacted an individual about another M51 dump truck,maybe another M39 series sitting in the yard soon!

Spyderman

Today I started working on the tactical playground for my 5 ton. I know your probably thinking WHAT is a tactical playground. Pictures to follow later this week.

srodocker

Put the LED turns and tails on it. Also measured out the toolbox side and with the hydro reservoir doesnt look like it will fit a full tank even with moving the drain valves. So I may see if my buddy still has a tractor tank sitting around and put that in the spot without having to move anything. Anyone have the measurements of a tractor fuel tankf off hand?

General Hood

Annoying air leak under cab demanded attention. I found a straight brass adaptor was split front to back (hairline crack). Took the part to NAPA and a dozen other semi local auto / truck parts depts. with no luck in finding a match, or a suitable replacement. Resorted to southern ingenuity (wrapped the fitting in rubber and a worm clamp). For now, it's holding 125 PSI and not leaking. Still looking for a replacement , or even a kit that includes the part

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Annoying air leak under cab demanded attention. I found a straight brass adaptor was split front to back (hairline crack). Took the part to NAPA and a dozen other semi local auto / truck parts depts. with no luck in finding a match, or a suitable replacement. Resorted to southern ingenuity (wrapped the fitting in rubber and a worm clamp). For now, it's holding 125 PSI and not leaking. Still looking for a replacement , or even a kit that includes the part
Post a pic of the part

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks