• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

srodocker

Put spring base passenger seat in. All dash and gauge bulbs are replaced and working. Planned for toggle switches and locations and also tested a ebrake lockout setup on a spare one. When ebrake handle is in the up position I drilled a hole and put a pin through to see if it would still hold and it does. Now to see if I want to do it to the handle on the truck.

infidel got me

Sanded passenger side of bed and part of tailgate, red primered em' and put her to sleep. Back at it tomorrow and will post pics when done with primer. One step closer to final paint, FINALLY!

frdtrkguy

I disabled the transfer case shifter interlock by capping the air line. 1/8 pipe cap. Shifts between high and low now effortlessly. My favorite and cheapest mod yet!

therooster2001

Just posted the story on a separate thread, but did the toe-in adjustment. 1/2 inch off. That little bit will wear the tires bad. Check it out on your truck if you suspect it, easy to fix, and it even feels better driving now. I should have done it sooner. Work package 493 for the 939 5-ton.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the black and brown on today. Still needs a cleanup of some tape adhesive here and there but overall, I really like it.
Will I'll give you this pointer: It helps to have another 5 ton about 50 feet away to use as a guide!

20160404_145732.jpg 20160404_145742.jpg 20160404_145800.jpg 20160404_145809.jpg 20160404_145823.jpg

machinist75

Installed my new to me data plate above the steering wheel, thanks to 86humv for finding me a nice one and getting it to me quick. Got the clear led's into the warning light cluster. Also put a spring so that when the emergency shutoff cable is pulled it will return back when I push it back. This will work until I find time to take off the fuel shutdown solenoid and clean the internals and hopefully fix it.

Attachments

infidel got me

Got the black and brown on today. Still needs a cleanup of some tape adhesive here and there but overall, I really like it.
Will I'll give you this pointer: It helps to have another 5 ton about 50 feet away to use as a guide!

View attachment 616155 View attachment 616156 View attachment 616157 View attachment 616158 View attachment 616159
Andy-- You did an awesome job, looks great! I got the solid green down, but what kind of gun are you using to spray the other colors?

Smokinyoda

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks