• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

AMGeneral

I preparation for the trip down to pick up the M322 I won,I am replacing the bypass coolant lines as well as the coolant feed lines to the air compressor on the M54A1C.

Parts for a 673 Mack are not as readily attainable on the road compared to a Cat or Cummins,so it pays to do your prep work!

VS use the standard rubber line,I decided to cut,bend and flare copper tubing to permanently replace the rubber ones.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JohnnyB-- get a cuvv-- great on gas--good daily driver-- you wont need rural property--and you still get your od fix! WINNER WINNER MRE DINNER
Yup, and you have yourself a new slave host as well, so if you have another .mil vehicle, and a slave cable, you're good to go... :D

Sooooo nice being able to walk up to a dead 900 series, plug it in, wait a couple minutes, then crank it over and hear it roar to life...

infidel got me

Thanks man- a few of my good friends helped out now and then. I am really happy with the way it turned out and I constantly have people saying how they like it. I did this one right and took my time looking at all aspects of how things would come together. I wanted it to look as if the military did make this truck as you see it. I would like to thank Dave, Dean and Eric for helping me out when I needed it-- and of course Steel Soldiers site and members. Actually thousands helped me out lol. The roof flagpole is a hose and fitting company across from Daves shop- it does look like its mounted to the roof- I should have moved forward a little more so it would be in the bed.lol

gottaluvit

Widened my driveway into my future homesite. Hauled approximately 30 loads of dirt to a place to spread in the field. Started with light loads as the pic shows, but later started putting all I could on. When doing larger projects, this truck seems tiny. I need a 20 ton!

M939 at work.jpg

tobyS

Widened my driveway into my future homesite. Hauled approximately 30 loads of dirt to a place to spread in the field. Started with light loads as the pic shows, but later started putting all I could on. When doing larger projects, this truck seems tiny. I need a 20 ton!

View attachment 619122
You don't seem to be loaded too heavy. Nice truck.

I hauled 111 loads of demo materials from what I estimated to be 40. A sideboard helped and could go higher, but they are only a 10' bed. I like the little fold around corners for the rear gate at 45* to give a little more room.

I sold the 817 and have 931's so thinking dump bed. I miss the 817 and hope to replace it soon. Your picture helps me to envision what singles would look like. I have a set of 450/80/r20 for the rear (which are the 49" tire, 16" wide) and 14.00r20 for the front. My property is entirely sand.

Attachments

Last edited:

gottaluvit

The dirt was pretty dense. After I started loading all it could hold the tires were squatting. The singles are nice but a set of good duals, I would think, would take the weight better. I had to use low range after I started loading heavy. Toby, that 817 sure looked nice.

tobyS

I think you are right about the duals on the rear. I like the Goodyear G177's but not for the front. To be the same dia as the 11.00 G177, it would need to be a 365/85/20, which does not work on the industrial rim. The alternative then is 22" and civilian tires.

I know the capacity would be way low, but compare the width of the 450.

Attachments

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to my niece's birthday party to give the much anticipated rides through the fields. The crowd was larger this year than last and everybody throughly enjoyed it, except one girl...

She said it was "bumpy". I said "well darlin'...this ain't yo mama's Escalade". She then went in the house and washed her hands. Ah...those city kids, lol.

There was a bouncy house to entertain the younger kids and when it got dark the Swamp Donkey got put to work again. Some light was needed and she was happy to oblige...

20160423_204428.jpg

Used Cletus and his new trailer to pick up materials for my patio.
Lots of heavy rock there!

Can you slow down, in a week from grass to ready to lay stone!? My wife is going to see your progress and expect the same results from me...

While you were playing in the sand, I was working on the bed install on my M931a2 to Cargo project. Final mount points fit & welding and final welding on the sides left. Should be completed tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks