• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Super76

I do a fair amount, stuff for the Shriners, my kids school and the Veterans Day parade. I offered my services to the Red Cross to help with all the evacuation from the resent flooding in my area but they said they had it covered. I try and find any excuse to get her out on the road.

infidel got me

It seems that most people are way to easy to sue in todays times. So your offer to help is probably refused due to liability reasons. Even though your help would have went a long way, if someone or someone's property was hurt or damaged, then the lawyer ball would start rolling. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but, it seems that this is the way things have become. Every other commercial down here in central Floriduh is about suing someone. It was easier to turn you away than take the risk.

71DeuceAK

Yeah, it's good you offered your services though! As far as excuses to get her out on the road, when I get mine (also looking for a 923A2 or 925A2) I'm pretty sure it will be more or less a daily driver...possibly on a long-distance commute at that. People think I'm crazy but I think I'll be the one having the last laugh when I can pull others' cars out of the ditches, make it down the unmaintained dirt road I might be living a mile down in snow when others can't, etc. And...I'll definitely be willing to help people move, etc. as well.

my76fj40

Moving with a 923 is a bit of a pain because you have to lift everything above chest level to load it. You can fit quite a bit of stuff under the cover though.

May have other options with local volunteer fire depts etc. too.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Added some custom homemade running lights. Wired them into the low beam wire. Added another homemade light under the dash for a courtesy light. Put the switches at the left of the steering wheel, long switch for quick flipping for the new LED light bar on the grill. Round knob for the interior light. They may not look stock or factory but it was fun designing and assembling them. I like doing things nobody else will have. Didn't cost much money either. Enjoy the ride :driver:

Ford Mechanic

Reconditioning some Hemmet seats that I got from Coffey1!

Replacing the inner structure, cut some new foam for the seat back

And reinstalled the cover. Sent the other seat back cover to my mother-in-law to get a get repaired and them I'll fix it and install them

azteclizard

Got my new tail light brakets all finish up.. made em myself. Having to order one new tailight lense as the old one isnt cleanin up verywell.. ordered a new primary and secondary fuel filter for the old girl as well.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pic, what lights you running on that rig?
A new page started after I posted and I didn't see this. They came from Ebay but the seller of these particular ones is no longer around. The ones above the headlights are 80W units and the ones below the blinkers are 20W units. There are many more all over the truck. All of them use 10W LEDs. The Golight was also in use with the LED upgrade.

20160327_174059.jpg

He runs all of them! Lights everywhere on his rig.
If they ever put a steering wheel on the Sun, I'd be qualified to drive it. :D

The Mini-HET gonna make an appearance at the rally again this year? That was a fun ride!

archmark

Where'd you find the new seat foam, an upholstery shop? I'm getting new covers for my Deuce and I need new foam for all 4, preferably fairly stiff foam.

Thanks...

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks