• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Ford Mechanic

Where'd you find the new seat foam, an upholstery shop? I'm getting new covers for my Deuce and I need new foam for all 4, preferably fairly stiff foam.

Thanks...

Mark
2 inch foam from Hobby Lobby. It doesn't feel very stiff in your hands, but it does sit stiffer than expected. So it fits the bill very well.

Another Ahab

I was putting fuel in and forgot to screw it back on. Bone head move.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Happens to the best of us. Story locally here the other day of a guy left his kid in the baby carrier on the car roof and drives off.

Luckily it was a great baby carrier, and the kid was fine, but Mama was probably like:

Mama Saying %22What?%22 II.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked Gimpy to put a new spin-on oil filter and gear-reduction starter onto my XM813.

Both very nice. It starts with two low voltage batteries and it starts faster now.

MtnSnow

As I posted to my build thread.
Well finally started to warm up and no rain for a few days so I figured I might as well get a couple of the mods I wanted to do out of the way while I had some free time this past weekend. First off I pulled the cargo cover off and stored the bows & uprights in prep for the truck to be used as part of a stage. Then I put my new 5" Donaldson ram air intake on (also have one for the 923). Then I decided I wanted to get started on the (3) Air Ride seats so I put my two group 31 batteries for 24v and the one good 6TL I had for 12v down into the toolbox under the passenger side door. The Power Distribution box with the circuit breakers/fuses fit in the last little bit of space so I am happy! Used the treated wood blocks from the original box to make my spacers and then used all-thread & some uni-strut I had left over from another project to make my tie-downs. (Still need to finish tidying up the solar charger/Power distribution wiring as well as the backup & forward camera wires once the new seating is completed. Now to go find a 22" x 42" x 1/4" piece of steel to use as the base plate for the two seats that will replace where the OEM battery box/bench seat was.
View attachment 621036 View attachment 621034 View attachment 621035 View attachment 621033

More to come as things progress!