• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Jeep Nasty

Got my new license plates for my truck now that he qualifies as an antique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my new license plates for my truck now that he qualifies as an antique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way that's spelled, I could almost hear President Johnson (aka: LBJ) speaking the name of this great nation with his deep Texas drawl.

New "Hampshire"?

I thought it was:

- New "Hamp-Shuh"!?

A-yuh.

Now that you mention it, I agree that New Hampshuh is indeed a State in Murica.

ROFLMBO

Carry on.

Spyderman

Finally got my hitch put on.
20160512_190955.jpg
I wanted it up nice and close so I didn't hurt my departure angle.

20160512_191052.jpg
Believe it or not the drop hitch is from my 85 Chevy Blazer.
20160512_191008.jpg20160512_191019.jpg20160512_191026.jpg
All the info about the hitch because I know people are going to ask.
20160512_191124.jpg
Still a good height for my trailer.
20160512_191144.jpg
Plenty of clearance.

MtnSnow

Been a busy week for me....Tuesday I masked off my truck after work, Wednesday got the first coat done and since today (Friday) is my day off I finished painting the spots that I needed to do from the day earlier and got the second coat on.... Yes Coffey the chrome round mirror is now painted green as well! lol

20160511_182201.jpg 20160511_182255.jpg 20160511_182311.jpg 20160511_182323.jpg

Then I went and put my LED rear stop/turn lights in. Still need to swap out the fronts but I need to look up what folks are doing to get the front "park" lights to also be on when in Service Drive. and then I'll work on doing them another day as I will need to paint the front's green as they are Tan (forgot that they were)...
To see more pics visit my dedicated thread for my trucks.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...w-s-recovery-and-building-of-The-Beast/page15

Smokinyoda

Been a busy week for me....Tuesday I masked off my truck after work, Wednesday got the first coat done and since today (Friday) is my day off I finished painting the spots that I needed to do from the day earlier and got the second coat on.... Yes Coffey the chrome round mirror is now painted green as well! lol

View attachment 622763 View attachment 622764 View attachment 622765 View attachment 622766

Then I went and put my LED rear stop/turn lights in. Still need to swap out the fronts but I need to look up what folks are doing to get the front "park" lights to also be on when in Service Drive. and then I'll work on doing them another day as I will need to paint the front's green as they are Tan (forgot that they were)...
To see more pics visit my dedicated thread for my trucks.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...w-s-recovery-and-building-of-The-Beast/page15
Looking Good! What I did for the park lights was disconnect the wire that feeds the front park light and feed it instead with a jumper from the side clearance light (circled in red). That way it still works with just park lights on, and also with headlights on. Sorry but don't remember off hand the wire numbers. Super easy to do with no diode needed or jumper wire at the switch.

Attachments

Cinman37

I bypassed the t-case air interlock cylinder and bypassed the air switch on the front of the t-case that engages the front axle while shifting into low range. I degreaser the under carriage, pressure washed the entire truck and installed the cargo cover. I just have to grease it before I take it to the National pike Steam show next Saturday.

Attachments

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Getting stuff done

Finally got around to doing stuff I have had parts for but not the time to install. Installed the new air dryer and PPV valve. The new dryer has to have new holes drilled to mount and 2 of the 3 bolts to install are too long for the mounting plate and allow the dryer to tighten up. Just added a couple of extra lock washers as spacers and it fit and tightened fine. Also painted both to add a little extra protection. It looks a little dirty under the truck due to some grease slinging from the u-joints. Cleaning planned soon. Also removed the cargo cover to repair a few holes and add new rubber rope. Have other parts to install and will work on the as time allows.

Attachments

gottaluvit

I bypassed the t-case air interlock cylinder and bypassed the air switch on the front of the t-case that engages the front axle while shifting into low range. I degreaser the under carriage, pressure washed the entire truck and installed the cargo cover. I just have to grease it before I take it to the National pike Steam show next Saturday.
Truck looks nice. Is that a two-tone tan camo paint job?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks