• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

sed6

Attended a Memorial Day car show. About 200 kids and parents climbed in and out and took pics. Wife brought the dogs up and we had lunch together mid way thru. Had a blast!

20160528_084535.jpg

20160528_091734.jpg

Another Ahab

Thanks. It looks better in pictures than in person! The whole truck could use a coat of paint.
That was the town of East Berlin Pa. I live a few miles south of there in Hanover. If you're ever in the area, stop by the VFW, they have an F14 and a M60! Also let me know we'll grab grab a beer or coffee
I'd like to do that!

Next time I'm in the market for a jar of chow-chow, or some shoo-fly pie I'll come on up. :D

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Summit Racing is based out of Ohio, so it may be you are just lucky enough to be in their backyard, maybe.

Went to a car show with Ole "Fluffy" was the only military vehicle there, was kind of bummed about that, but it was a "Car" show. Still, many enjoyed seeing the old girl riding the streets with classic Detroit Muscle Machines. Most of the cars were setting off other car alarms due to the headers, mine was due to shear resonance, lol.

On the way back home, picked up a heavy load, wasn't sure if the truck could take that much weight, but she did just fine, that x-tra large pizza with extra cheese was pushin' it to the limits.
View attachment 625265

Id have to have the bucket of tums to go with that pizza!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got my other electric fan installed. Its enough air that with the truck turned off the fan gets up to pretty good speed. Fans ran 30mins today with the truck off and didn't even slow the batteries down. 6amp draw on each. Along with a set of tow hooks on the bottom. I also installed one of the push button master light switches. Installed it all right, unhooked battery, ground down the paint on the frame, bolted it with a new bolt. Got it all in and it worked flawlessly for about 30mins then nothing. Light lights up for mode then enter. What I selected flashes briefly and goes out. No lights working at all, turn signal lights up on the switch but nothing exterior. Will mess with it again this week.

Attachments

Spyderman

Started filing the pool up for the summer. It was either spend a ton of money in chemicals and time to make it all clean again. Or just drain it and fill it back up. I live or in the country so no city water. I have to haul it all. It's going to be 10 trips.

therooster2001

I bolted up 2 MRAP steps, the ones with a cable holding the step, 1 on each side to give me and the girlfriend an extra leg up. Really helps with me, I am 12 weeks out on a hip replacement.
Got a pict? I know what I think the look like (like the HEMTT), but love to see it on an 939, the wife is in the 5th percentile (it's our running joke when the MKT TM said that) and need a better leg up.

gottaluvit

Had mine in a parade in town with the M105A2 trailer attached. It was the only MV. No pics there, as everybody I know was out of town. Then I drove it through St. Clairsville to Rural King, and decided to take the long scenic route home through Wheeling, WV and Moundsville, WV and then cut back to the Buckeye State and back into the hills to home. Here's a pic of the combo, minus the U.S.A. flag.

20160524_193429.jpg

Another Ahab

I have that SAME problem. Something magical about the inside pockets of the front hood, and the rear bumper for birds. I've gone all around town with them hunkered down in their nests. We get home, and out the come.
That's funny. It's kind of like the birds are using your rig as a Mother Ship.

red

Just got my wrecker insured today, not near as much as I was expecting after reading the wrecker/insurance threads. Will be driving it home this evening

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks