• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

mdemars03

I know where the leak is, just with work I haven't had a chance to pull the line and have a new one made. As far as the handle I have looked at some of the threads. I just need to pull it apart and see what's going on. The inside handle on the passenger side works, but the handle outside doesnt. It isn't in the locked position the handle just freely spins on the outside. It still should be a fairly easy fix.

gottaluvit

I know where the leak is, just with work I haven't had a chance to pull the line and have a new one made. As far as the handle I have looked at some of the threads. I just need to pull it apart and see what's going on. The inside handle on the passenger side works, but the handle outside doesnt. It isn't in the locked position the handle just freely spins on the outside. It still should be a fairly easy fix.
It is fairly easy to repair the door handle. Hardest part is getting the mechanism out and back in. The first link explains it better and the second one has better pictures.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHZpHDHc462zKWzsVi00UamvWMEmw

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHEHVwhAs7i5vQmYOELI-o76sRUgA

mdemars03

Yeah, I have done some searches and looked at replacing the handles. My first step will be to remove the handles and see if it is the mechanism or just the handle. I'm not thinking it is the mechanism because the handle inside the cab works fine, it's just the outside handle that doesn't work.

gottaluvit

Even when the mechanism messes up as described in the threads I linked, the inside handle will still operate normally. However, even if the forementioned links might fix the majority, you really do never know until you get the mechanism out.

Amer-team

MD it has been a couple of years, but it seems that there is a plate inside that deforms and doesn't let the outside handle engage properly. Was able to take it apart, straighten the piece, and I may have reinforced it a bit, changed handle position and have not had any problems since.
Took the 923A2 to the tire shop this afternoon to have them put 4 new O-rings in. One of the guys is a Vet and knows what he is doing with these trucks. This truck has set for a bit over 2 years and needs a full service. Turn signals were not flashing, one headlight is out, the secondary air pressure gauge needs tapped to get up to pressure, and low pressure air light was not coming on. Also CTIS is flashing 5, but will see what happens once the tires are holding more air on their own. Talked with a mechanic up at JBLM and he told me that the CTIS will shut down if their is too much differential in air pressures. Hopefully that is the only problem with that. And will need to replace an inner front axle seal. Hopefully all before 4 July.

Vikingwelder9

I'm new to here and I have a question and I need to be pointed in the right direction. I have a 67' deuce. I love it but it's limits as far as making it a camper/survival are low. I'm heavily looking into a 5 ton. I'm having issues trying to find the pros and cons of the m800 vs 900 series. And I heard that only 5 ton Vietnam eras has the multifuel which I prefer but not limited to. Please help

mdemars03

nopics
I lined the bed with plastic and turned it into a swimming pool... i dont have tapatalk. Dont want tapatalk. How do i uploaf images?
20160624_151939.jpg
Screenshot_20160624-152011.jpg

The first pic shows what tab to use to get to the upload area. The second pic is what will come up. Even if using your phone use the "From Computer" option not the URL option. Then just look through your phone to find the pic.

We need to see the 5 ton swimming pool.

Amer-team

Aztec, now that's a redneck swimming pool. Here hold my b**r. It would make for an impressive quick stop. Even more impressive if you had the top off.

Amer-team

Tire shop fixed the four rims that were leaking. Turn signals weren't working on the 923A2, pulled the lens on all the signal buckets, disconnected the wires to the turn signal switch, then started crawling underneath, pulled the bolts that hold the rear lights, cleaned them, wire brushed the area underneath, and yes they did have star washers, and now have turn signals again. Yippee, and new windshield wiper blades too.

Amer-team

Viking back to your questions 2 1/2 vs 5T, you might look in the upcoming events, 4 July in Centralia at 0900 we will be having a pretty good gathering of 5 tons. you could compare and talk with people that have them.

azteclizard

I did drive sown the street with the boys in the pool... they loved it. They said it was like a violent wave pool just tossing them everywhere.. only had about 1/3 the water when i got back.... hmmm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks