• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would be using the winch that is mounted in your bed to lift those suckers up! lol
They arent too bad. At 7ft long it gives you a good walk up length. Don't need them falling on your head and messing up your bald dome.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished up my in-bed toolbox install in Shorty, my 932A2. I now have a toolbox on both sides of the bed with the left one being about twice as deep as the right one. I plan on carrying my tow bar, chains and air lines in the deep one.
20160903_153736.jpg
Left side with the end cut out to make it deeper.

20160903_153749.jpg
Both toolboxes mounted before the sheet metal installed connecting them.

20160904_172453.jpg
Sheet metal installed and closed in.

20160904_172531.jpg
Access door on the left side; right side is the same.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpg
Installed a 12v 20A power plug....finally....in the M925A2
Placed it on front of battery box close to drivers seat.
Out of way even for a third rider.
Used 12v power on battery and used inline fuze.
Installed cap upside down so I won't be fighting it while it's in use.

Finally can charge phone, etc.

Will install more later. Tons of room.

Bare wire ends were coated with NO-OX-ID electric grease before crimping. Shrink sleeve over that. Coating of grease on plug bare ends and at battery terminals also.
Plug is stainless steel so with the grease shouldn't have a corrosion problem for years, if at all.
I did cut my shrink sleeve a tad too long. Oh well.

Last edited:

therooster2001

Finished up my in-bed toolbox install in Shorty, my 932A2. I now have a toolbox on both sides of the bed with the left one being about twice as deep as the right one. I plan on carrying my tow bar, chains and air lines in the deep one.

That is awesome! Killer idea Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therooster2001

My hood has zero insulation in it. It was cheaper to get a NOS hood with it already in it than buy all the insulation. $175 for the hood.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I got some insulation about 6 months ago, with the sticky back, $130 or so, then shipping, so I can vouch for that. Good score..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kungfu dave

I like the box as well. I have been trying to figure out a way to add some storage to this thing. You are close enough that I could make a day trip out of coming down to took at that sucker! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks