• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally finished harnessing the sun. It sure took a lot of wiring to do it. :mrgreen:

12 Grote Trilliant lights and harnesses from 2 of those HET lighting kits that are out there right now.

20160909_085752.jpg

20160909_085724.jpg

20160909_085935.jpg

20160908_235210.jpg

20160908_235104.jpg

20160908_234944.jpg

This is how they were mounted on the HETs.

USA_M1070s_loading_M1A2s_prepare_to_convoy_out_of_COB_Adder.jpg

img_294_34717_3.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally finished harnessing the sun. It sure took a lot of wiring to do it. :mrgreen:

12 Grote Trilliant lights and harnesses from 2 of those HET lighting kits that are out there right now.

View attachment 642932

View attachment 642933

View attachment 642934

View attachment 642935

View attachment 642936

View attachment 642937

This is how they were mounted on the HETs.

View attachment 642938

View attachment 642939
Twice the lights on a truck half the size of a HET.

Interesting.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ane get the FBI called on em.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I have encountered people doing just that.
Yes the Feds prosecuted every one.

Even had one speed straight towards helo (shutdown to fuel) only to swerve away at last second.
He's still in prison.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the guy thinking; thought he was funny?
Only he really knows.
He and some friends cut the airport fence to get in.
Then couldn't find the opening again after his little stunt playing chicken with the Helicopter.
Called police about it, then saddled up and once airborne, stayed over him until the police arrived. Feds showed up too since it was airport.
Watched all festivities from above for a while and also took notes of times, etc.

Grand Jury heard all they needed to and he and front seat passanger (who had a loaded AK type rifle) were each sentenced to 18 years.

Thats just one instance.

Seen a ton of stuff in my 28 years of flying helicopters.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpg
Had extra led recognition lights sitting around so my brother and I installed some on the M925A2.
Huge difference for visibility to other drivers.

Spacing could be a little closer I guess, but happy with the way it turned out.

Last edited:

74M35A2

He's OK, be nice to him, he works hard 6 days a week providing for his family. I modified my post and will be nicer in the public arena. We do it just out of entertainment. I know who my wife sleeps next to each night, no worries there. I went to school in Detroit, nobody is not able to hurt me verbally. We're a little tougher than that around here. I just helped simp for several hours on his for profit delivery job for free on Friday and that went unmentioned.

8.3L A/C bracket kits make great Christmas gifts to other members!

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks