• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Sourced a building to go swap the trans in my M925. Its slated for demolition in a few weeks. I have a feeling it is a tad bit to short length wise to fit, so I got permission to cut a hole in the back wall for the bumper to fit through if needed. Otherwise is it is plenty tall and wide. Goal is to have the trans pulled before this weekend. I got a line on a good take out that I can go get this weekend and hope to have the truck back on the road within a week after.
The deal is no-cost and rent free, right?

big block 88

Replaced the fuel shut off solenoid. Thanks to excellent guidance on this site and some hunting with the seatch function turned up everything i needed.

I can finally turn the truck off without the emergency shut off. Im sure the IP will be thankful.

rotated center axle tires forward and fronts to the center axle. Im curious to see what my front tire ware will be with th fresh meats up front. It chewed up the outside lugs on the at-2's that were up front before.

Finally turned 6k miles on the old gal. And shes getting beautified for the veterans day parade on saturday, we have the ww2 and korean female WAX operators

Last edited:

Jakelc15

Replaced the fuel primer lines. They shattered when I touched them. Ticking time bomb.
Also pulled the pt pump screen. Looked like brand new which is surprising seeing how the fuel filter looked. I'm going to replace the fuel hoses at the selector valve again and the orings in it. I also have a spin on fuel filter to swap out the canister. Maybe my injector pressure gauge won't hiccup every 20 min. I don't notice it driving but the gauge dropping for a second bothers me.

Another Ahab

Nah. It was one of my friends building, I toss him 100 bucks cause I couldn't find another building. It was well worth it to me.
That's absolutely fair, completely.

And you're a good man to pony it up, even if not requested. It's the right way to go.

I was just hoping that you got a "steal" of a deal, that's all! [thumbzup]

Josh

That's absolutely fair, completely.

And you're a good man to pony it up, even if not requested. It's the right way to go.

I was just hoping that you got a "steal" of a deal, that's all! [thumbzup]
Well I am going to take the electric garage door opener and the entire door assembly for another 100, so I am coming out way further ahead. It's a big enough door to fit the 925 on 1600s.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got loaded and enroute to Profo's with his new toy. Friends skid steer in bed. 20161103_120843.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Josh

Went to drive the truck to my work spot today and it made it half way there before the trans popped out of gear and wouldn't go back in. One thing I notice though. When the trans wont go into gear, the clunking noise and vibration pretty much disappear. Round to tomorrow, I got 6 blocks to drag it to the garage then going to use the deuce with some tires strapped to the bumper to push it in. Long weekend ahead.

Attachments

big block 88

Veterans Day parade in Topeka Ks. We had the woman veterans again this year. These gals are tough as nails they crawl right up the ladder and im sure get slammed around pretty good back there with our horrid roads, that and the AT2 tires make the truck bounce on every lug at that low of a speed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Veterans Day parade in Topeka Ks. We had the woman veterans again this year. These gals are tough as nails they crawl right up the ladder and im sure get slammed around pretty good back there with our horrid roads, that and the AT2 tires make the truck bounce on every lug at that low of a speed.
It looks like the weather sure cooperated with you all this year. :jumpin:[thumbzup]

Amer-team

Big Block, that looks like a great use for the truck and your weather was sure a lot better than ours.

It rained like heck, so we got to host WW2, 14 FA Veteran Jim Grimes. He told me that he drove a 2 1/2 ton off an LST onto Omaha beach, about a month after D-Day and he also took part in Pattons rush to the Battle of the Bulge.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Big Block, that looks like a great use for the truck and your weather was sure a lot better than ours.

It rained like heck, so we got to host WW2, 14 FA Veteran Jim Grimes. He told me that he drove a 2 1/2 ton off an LST onto Omaha beach, about a month after D-Day and he also took part in Pattons rush to the Battle of the Bulge.
He must have been all of 18 years old at the time; God bless him. [thumbzup]

Ford Mechanic

We had a great time at the beach with some great friends! My wife and I were joined by Blake, Robert, Bob, David, and some furry kids. No one even got stuck or broke anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks