• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

kungfu dave

Thank you very much gentlemen for your assistance! I will forward the info to my mechanic who will hopefully have Frank up and running very soon. Here at the dotting I and crossing T stage and I don't want to leave anything to chance. Thanks again!

FullSpecial

It looks real good all around.

What is the "Over Speed" indicator (the center light, in the middle of the cluster), is that to warn if the RPM's run up too high, or just generally running faster than advised?
Ahab, That's a A2. It's for the CTIS. If you try to drive 55 in XC or Sand it will auto inflate to HWY.
Better question, why is the ABS light on?

twisted60

ABS light is back on...I switched the black box between the rear axles and when I did the power on it went out after 2-3 seconds, but shortly after i started driving it came back on, today I checked the 2 fuses and they are still good, so back to the TM's.
Not a show stopper, I still drive her but give myself lots of stopping room and keep my speed down. I did do a test "panic stop" on a gravel road, engine did not stall, so I'll keep driving her and keep trying to figure out the issue.

big block 88

Boy mine sure stalls quick fast and in a hurry under emergency braking. We had just got when a young gal almost pulled out in front of me doing 35 truck locked up and stalled. Wasnt a big issue stayed calm went to neutral restarted and put into gear went on my way. Also had a caged brake that i was told the cage bolt just stores like that in the pot. Turns out not so much and it was caged for no reason.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Boy mine sure stalls quick fast and in a hurry under emergency braking. We had just got when a young gal almost pulled out in front of me doing 35 truck locked up and stalled. Wasnt a big issue stayed calm went to neutral restarted and put into gear went on my way. Also had a caged brake that i was told the cage bolt just stores like that in the pot. Turns out not so much and it was caged for no reason.
Make sure all your lines from your cans to your axle tree are hooked up correctly. Trucks that have spring brake cans with 3 ports vary from trucks with 2 port cans I have noticed. I hooked my regular 923 up just like 3 other trucks i had present and mine wouldnt move. It was weird. I would think at idle you would want air to the "emergency port" on the can. Several of my trucks have it going to the service port on the can when they have 3 ports available

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

gottaluvit

Make sure all your lines from your cans to your axle tree are hooked up correctly. Trucks that have spring brake cans with 3 ports vary from trucks with 2 port cans I have noticed. I hooked my regular 923 up just like 3 other trucks i had present and mine wouldnt move. It was weird. I would think at idle you would want air to the "emergency port" on the can. Several of my trucks have it going to the service port on the can when they have 3 ports available

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Good info there. Thanks.

Another Ahab

Got my 923 un stuck out of the yard. Sunk to the lug nuts with all the rain. Told my wife is did abstract land scaping.
Surely you have pics of that?!
I made ruts you could swim in, with my CUCV.. I could only imagine the devastation you'd make with a 900 series....
Yes, we want is pics (please):

- including the charming expression on the face of your Beautiful Bride on her inspection of the devastation...

I mean, renovation!

Dumbfounded III.jpg

twisted60

Swapped out my heater box/core, it leaked on day 1, so I closed the valve at the engine block and did not look back, but as I'm trying to work off all the pending "to do's" I tackled it today.
Old core IMG_2999.jpg The old core blower motor did not work so when I installed the new box I got a new motor, ya I did not think about years of crud and a mouse nest that went blowing all over the cabIMG_3002.jpg Oh well nothing a vacuum can't fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks