• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Jericho

Next need to decide what unit to use for the trailer light 24 12 conversion, want something neat rugged and efficient . With a 12 volt trailer brake circuit, any one with a favorite ?

Another Ahab

Added a new receiver hitch to tow a 35 foot bumper hanger travel trailer , all solid steel and continuous welds, like my stuff big and chunky, and a nice bright back up light
You're not kidding "big and chunky", it looks like something you'd see as an accessory on rolling armor inserted of only a truck. It looks real fine.

Is that made of 5/8" or maybe even 3/4" plate?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Next need to decide what unit to use for the trailer light 24 12 conversion, want something neat rugged and efficient . With a 12 volt trailer brake circuit, any one with a favorite ?

Memphis Equip has one for about $600. but that's retarded. Cheapest way would be to buy the 24 to 12 small inverter from Those Military guys for just the trailer brake power wire. Cheapest thing on the trailer is to swap everything to 24v LED's and just use a simple 4 or 7 pin spliced into the harness by the rear tail lamp assemblies. The harness on my M322 was toast so I just spliced in a 4 pin trailer plug

Jericho

Thank you SIMP, clear concise and simple , the way I like it,, Oddly enough I just got one of THOSE guys transfomers, Hadnt even thought about using it for that AND I just bought a 4 foot trailer extension lead, ALL HERE and paid for, Thank you Sir When we get ABOVE zero degrees and I can walk to my truck with out dragging my Ill get it installed and take some photos, r

Jericho

3/4 steel, more to come on that hitch, nice slip in step , and some custom rear wheel mud flaps, just cant decide if I should do rubber of aluminium 1/4 fenders . My current travel trailer only weighs in at about 9000 lbs so 900 lb tongue weight, easily done. ( nice to have scrape steel )

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you SIMP, clear concise and simple , the way I like it,, Oddly enough I just got one of THOSE guys transfomers, Hadnt even thought about using it for that AND I just bought a 4 foot trailer extension lead, ALL HERE and paid for, Thank you Sir When we get ABOVE zero degrees and I can walk to my truck with out dragging my Ill get it installed and take some photos, r
This is all i have on mine 20170323_185956.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just a little mockup on the MaxxPro Plus Wheels and 12.00 G272s the tires are junk just bought the wheels with tires for $60 for a mockup. Will need longer studs and not sure if I am going to bevel the wheel for budd nuts or I don't know surely yet. May need a small spacer behind the inner wheel. Not sure cause the jack was in the way.

On another note I did get a 395 to bead up on one of those wheels. My oh My dual 395s. I think measurement wise it would be around 8ft5 to 7inch wide overall. with an inner 1inch spacer needed to clear the trunion.

Attachments

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little mockup on the MaxxPro Plus Wheels and 12.00 G272s the tires are junk just bought the wheels with tires for $60 for a mockup. Will need longer studs and not sure if I am going to bevel the wheel for budd nuts or I don't know surely yet. May need a small spacer behind the inner wheel. Not sure cause the jack was in the way.

On another note I did get a 395 to bead up on one of those wheels. My oh My dual 395s. I think measurement wise it would be around 8ft5 to 7inch wide overall. with an inner 1inch spacer needed to clear the trunion.
How thick are the centers? Your studs too short to run the typical dual budd nuts, thimble on the inner, then nut on the outer? I don't know how much stud you need inside the thimbles?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced my Stewart Warner coolant heater with a Benmar a short time ago. The exhaust was located in a different place and the control box wiring slightly different, but all work out just great. Haven't tested it yet, though. Some pictures:
2017 0224 1403 hrs, xm757, engine hatch covers off.jpg2017 0224 1306 hrs, benmar heater control box.jpg2017 0221 1108 hrs, benmar coolant heater.jpg

Also replaced the coolant with a fresh batch using the "Airlift" system for the first time, which uses a vacuum to draw the coolant back into the radiator/engine.
2017 0308 1424 hrs, xm757, draining coolant.jpg2017 0309 1431 hrs, creating a vacuum.jpg2017 0309 1442 hrs, gauge showing vacuum, ready to draw coolant back.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks