• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's cool. I want one. I need one. I must have one!

Did you buy it at auction, or just stumble on it? I'm sort of on the lookout for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I added the extension to the PTO lever for the front winch in my m52a2 it swivels to go under the seat when not in use I put the extension on the transfer case last year it works great no more reaching to the floor when shirting . also cut the front winch cable in half 90 feet works fine .

Attachments

someoldmoose

Nothing . . . Still waiting, patiently, for my M820 to be made ready. In the meantime planning continues. Have a basic floor plan laid out for the box interior. Have the HVAC and plumbing figured out (I think). Still working on electrical plans (sources and voltages).

Can't decide what to do as far as a paint scheme. Stick with an MV based job, or civilianize it since it'll be my permanent residence. Maybe a multi-level metal flake scheme like a 60's drag car. :shrugs:

someoldmoose

topo, I hear-by present you with the award for today's Best Use of a Defunct Craftsman Wrench (or wrenches). Of course you could have taken them back and gotten new ones to bolt and / or weld in place. Looks awesome. I am planning on a broken Snap-on breaker bar for my transfer case extension.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks