• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

big block 88

Had them all purdied up for the 4th. We were too busy for the parades this year

i love those seats spyder. We are consider pulling the d8's out of the cab and mounting them in underbed tool box and running air rides on both sides in the 925.

The owner of the 923 is going to be doing a/c here pretty quick so i guess i will take a shot at that next.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

We're at the 4th celebration here! Great spot, and everyone here is glad I planned for rain! Tapatalk won't upload pics correct so these will have to do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AMGeneral

I used my M62A1 to remove both rear differentials on my 1969 R685ST Mack for some part replacement/ re-shimming. As you can see in the last 2 pictures, the splines in the spider gears are worn out, as well as the axle splines.

Attachments

Last edited:

TCD

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)

Have used them several times. They ship from store to store. It took 6 days to get my last shipment. They are not going to bring it to your place and you need to call your local location about dropping off or picking up.
FYI, Fastenal will not deliver to nor pickup from NV under any circumstances :sad:

Last year, after many scheduling delays they finally said they were not booking any business with NV customers. I believe that this shipping policy is still in place today.

Tom

Spyderman

Cheers to Mama for helping where help is needed, and a special "attaboy" to your Soldier B who clearly knows how to mix work with pleasure. It looks like he's having a ball!
Yeah my son loves to help with the truck. Start him with a good work ethic and he will grow up with one. Yeah muy wife is great. She puts up with a lot.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk

Spyderman

Looks good Spyderman. Where did you get your seats? I've been thinking about putting air ride in mine also. The wife won't ride in it very often because of the rough ride.
My buddy bought them for me from gov liquidation for $475. I don't know what they originally went in bit they fit well. There is more leg room now.

Spyderman

You can T into the drivers side tank rear port. Some are 1/2" some are 3/8" npt. You need to add a pressure protection valve and a pressure regulator before the seat. The post in in Juan's "major zippidty" thread. The rear line into the emergency brake is the feed for air from the spring take. The middle is a vent. The front is to the double check valve.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Now I just need some more free time to finish it.

Bhpdbrad

This Weekend's Project: New Addition (Generator) Mounted (removable) to the Front Bumper...
Stay tuned.
View attachment 687614
This...
View attachment 687616
Here. (925 W/Winch... not Wench!)
Done! came out great... and just in time for the parade on the 4th.
IMG_7970.jpgIMG_7966.jpg
I'll do a build thread and include details and photos of the fabrication, including the black plastic dip to subdue the yellow color.

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Phil, I was at the Weare rally last year. Drove my M923 up from Cape Cod with the convoy of big trucks on Friday. Plan on being there again this year. Hope to see you there.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Ahab, I think I bought the clips at Wally World most likely in the household goods/hardware dept. There is a coating on them but painted up ok so not sure it is anything but paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks