• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both trucks have batteries under seat. Both have gone through a rebuild
The truck in your avatar has a battery relocation box for the passenger side. The batteries would normally be relocated there when the box and the rest of relocation kit is installed. Your new truck has the standard box configuration for batteries under the seat as it was originally issued.

Mos68x

Powder coated the inside of one of my rims. I would’ve done all of the powder before mounting the tires if I’d had the time, but I need to get the truck useable again so that means getting all the new tires on first and then worryin about the fresh powder later. I do more updates on my YouTube and Facebook accounts more than I do here, so it might be worth it to subscribe.

www.facebook.com/offgridoverlander

https://youtu.be/tVIGzVke48o

big block 88

Did you chop up an old slave cable for that?

No sir i purchased a plug from a member here. I didnt want to cut my slaves up.

The supplied eyelets from the genius fit through the head and plug terminals perfectly. Very impressed. Had it on the truck for 4 hours and went full charge and its now maintaining the batts. Superior to the old battery tenders i used to run.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Big Block, I really like your charger adapter. I was thinking of something along the same lines, but my truck has the older slave "two prong" plug.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey Big Block, I really like your charger adapter. I was thinking of something along the same lines, but my truck has the older slave "two prong" plug.
They have an adapter for that. I think i have a few. There are some on that shelf inside the door at memphis equipment

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Willyk

For my charger I used a slave cable end and chopped the end off an old heavy duty set of jumper cables. I use the same charger as big block uses a couple of posts above me. The supplied wires that come with the charger are perfect for the other end of the jumper cables to bite on to. I've been charging like this for a year now. Good charger and no problems.

big block 88

Yep what Wes said. Just run the adapters on the newer style plugs.

and the post above me is good too. I prefer to wire the eyelets straight to the plug so the alligators dont get knocked off.

Last edited:

therooster2001

For those doing this, they have HMMWV slave connectors that work great on the bay for like $25 plus shipping. Search for J-6362/U.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Mos68x

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the bead lock in a new tire? Been fighting the last two tires, still got 5 more to go and was hoping someone knew how to do this that wasn’t a real PITA.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the bead lock in a new tire? Been fighting the last two tires, still got 5 more to go and was hoping someone knew how to do this that wasn’t a real PITA.
Ratchet strap. Its easiest that when you pull it out of the other tire to compress it down so its smushed being pulled out. The same way you would do a runflat insert.

Or. Two crowbars inside the tire with straps hooked to a truck and anchor point to spread the tire to drop it in easier.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 1" Ratchet strap also. Best if you have two, pull the first strap down as far as you can then use the 2nd strap to pull it down more.
Then just use some tire tools to get it in the tire.

Mos68x

Getting it out isn’t the issue lol getting them back in is. Been takin me and a friend near to an hour just trying to get one into the tire.

since I have the crane mounted in the back of the truck I just loop a chain through the insert and lift with the crane and jump on it a little and it just pops out in a minute or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks