• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
After an inspirational pep talk from Wes saying “there ain’t nothin to it, it’ll only take you an hour!” I declared bull$(1t and decided to change one of the AT2A’s to an XZL with runflat.

Wasn’t too bad, swapped the O ring out on the wheel & valve stem. Speaking of flipping tires, I’m not a big guy by any means at 6’2 175 pounds, flipping a mounted 14.00 XZL w/runflat will just about strain the noodle

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blake you got it right! Work smarter not hard.
I find every way to not pick heavy stuff up.
Reason: hernia's are not cheap at 30k
And a month of not getting into your truck to drive.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea. That's one reason Robert put a crane on his 925 so the big girls can get in the back!
I told you not to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are y'all trying to tell us: "What happens in the back of a 5-Ton stays in the back of a 5-Ton?"

Hmmmm..... God's watching you!

roflrofl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Are y'all trying to tell us: "What happens in the back of a 5-Ton stays in the back of a 5-Ton?"

Hmmmm..... God's watching you!

roflrofl
Well Robert is riding on those 14.00 Goodyear AT2s so shes bound to bounce out if he hits a good enough bump.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the idea of cranes in these trucks. I’d like to see a better picture of that crane, maybe one in action, even if it’s just extended. And some more details. What kind of crane, what did it come off of, can’t tell much from the picture.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will just got time today to mount it to bed.
Have a few things to adjust and soon as it's done I'll post.
It's a IMT worksaver ws65 2 ton crane

big block 88

Yeah i need to put a small boom in my 925. My truck doesnt have the hoist arm for the spare tire anymore as the NG boys and girls must have backed the truck into a shop with a low over head. Pushed the hoist boom into the cab and bent the crap out of the cab so we pulled the hoist arm off and use it as a flag pull stand. it works great as a flagpull stanchion though.

Amer-team

Finished the new boots on the M923 and a drivers side tie rod end too. Plus had to replace the rt. front turn signal can. Mine was full of water and heavily corroded. Turn signal works again. Wow!

Mos68x

Took my valve off to find nasty problem on the #5 cylinder.
61053CEE-6F46-439F-8382-CB88E8AB25CE.jpgFD0DDE59-2D97-481B-84D6-C6771FE64F64.jpg
Pivot shaft broken, top clamp half broken, lower clamp half gouged, one rocker arm gouged, and one bent push rod. I’ll have to take the oil pan off and check for chunks of metal to be sure the tappet wasn’t damaged as well.

Mos68x

Wow that's awful... was it running under any unusual conditions?
Nope, no abnormal working conditions. I thought I had it fixed after replacing the injectors, so much for that idea. Now I need to figure out where to get new parts without breaking the bank. I still can’t believe that Cummins wants $422 just for the upper gasket set on this motor.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of miles and hours are on this truck? what are the temperatures low/very cold in your area? and was this a factory or remanufactured engine?
Thank you,
John

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What prompted the removal? Poor performance? Sorry dude. That really sucks. Hope you find happier days and less expensive parts ahead.

Mos68x

What kind of miles and hours are on this truck? what are the temperatures low/very cold in your area? and was this a factory or remanufactured engine?
Thank you,
John
Only 15k/725hrs if the gauges and engine are original. Temps have only gotten to 16 at the lowest so far so I doubt that temps are the culprit. No idea about factory or reman on the motor. All I know is that Jeff (CSM Davis) said it was a Red River Rebuild when I stopped by his place to get the cargo bed.

buffalo, this whole fiasco started when I had a fuel knock and a destroyed turbo a couple months ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks