• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

branr1

I installed an EGT and Boost gauge kit from Those Military Guys. The install was pretty straight forward and it went well. I’m seeing 1260 degrees wide open going up a long hill that’s as hot as it got and I backed down quickly. I’m seeing 30 PSI on the boost gauge at wide open throttle. I also installed a 3 port 12v outlet for charging my phone, blue tooth speaker and gps. The last thing I did was wire the interior light that came with my overhead console.

Mos68x

I assume the hood comes off for this project. Is it just heads or do you plan on taking the entire engine out?
Yes, the hood comes off. If I could’ve figured out another solution that would pack up like this one will and allowed me to not have to pull the hood off I would’ve done it. I wanted something that I could use the truck frame to do the heavy lifting and still pack up easily after I’m done using it. I could even use this on the side of the road in an emergency repair if I had to. All I’m planning to pull off with this right now is the hood and the head, as of right now this isn’t built strong enough to be able to pull the block out. The flat bar that’s is welded to tube would probably be strong enough but I know the tube isn’t.

Crafty use of the bumper brackets, nice job! I see welding in the pic, here we go.....
Thanks! Yeah, I didn’t think of the welding trolls when I took those pictures lol

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Inspired by the great Donkey & Handy man Simp I decided to mount my tow bar on the rear flank; Not bad for a 30 min project

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inspired by the great Donkey & Handy man Simp I decided to mount my tow bar on the rear flank; Not bad for a 30 min project
Looks good.

I wish I didn't live in the meth capitol....That thing would be gone in a couple hours, even if it was bolted down.

Gotten so bad that they're stealing people's tailgates, lightbars, even carrying around grinders to cut heavy duty locks..

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Looks good.

I wish I didn't live in the meth capitol....That thing would be gone in a couple hours, even if it was bolted down.

Gotten so bad that they're stealing people's tailgates, lightbars, even carrying around grinders to cut heavy duty locks..
Thanks; makes you wish you had a 240v connection to the truck

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ll be sure to watch out for the welder trolls. I was going to post two recent welding projects. Maybe now I’ll just post far away shots!

On another note, I had to move because the crime had gotten so bad in Dallas from Katrina refugees. The last night I was there, they tried to break in, and, you guessed it, stole my tail gate. My new truck salesman advised me to
keep my gate locked. “That’s a $2400 tailgate”

“That’s more than my first truck cost!”

Yes, Im sure it’s mostly Katrina refugees because it started Sept 2005. They had section 8 housing across the freeway from the nice neighborhoods on the west side of the freeway. The previous 5 years were crime free. The next were unbelievable. The dates can’t be a coincidence, the crime rate was incredible.

Probably welding trolls too.

mdainsd

Finished rebuilding one of the piggyback spring brakes. Got all the diaphragms to finish the entire brakes. Sourced the missing failsafe module form a member here in SS. Dragged out my stash of gauges and started working the over in anticipation of re-conditioning the instrument panel.

winfred

when someone was stealing the gas out of my daily driver 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban i tried to run a electric fence charger to it, had grounding issues with the hot line running to it and gave up too easy before i solved them, my other idea involved my tater cannon, a rag/double hand full of dry beans and my roof overlooking the driveway

Thanks; makes you wish you had a 240v connection to the truck

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably best. These days, plenty of attorneys would take that case pro-bono. It’s illegal to electrocute your “stuff” in defense of theft.

Sad day we live in when a guy who needs an ass whooping won’t even take one without complaining.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Had people stealing HMMWV tires for a bit. Aiming for tires mounted on wheels. took about 7 of em on 12bolt wheels that were junk. Filled a few with concrete ahead mounted em up. Others we seated the bead on and removed the valve core and submerged em in water. The next time they earned stealing those 400lb tires. Not missing anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks