• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

vvwilkins

Those "flutter-free" flag poles are a great item.

Don't believe I ever saw anything like that before. Nice!

Did you buy them? Grow your own?!
Grew my own. 1" 16g square tubing. screws every 12". 3'x5' flags.
I figured at parade speed (walking) the flags were not going to display properly. So, I fabricated the display poles & outriggers.
Thanks for noticing!
-v

vvwilkins

Didn't they use the flutter free flag on the moon? Or sound stage. :) But great idea.
Yes, I did steal the idea from the Moon landing :). Yesterday I had to turn the TV off before I threw a 5ton component at it - some group of fools challenging if we ever landed on the moon.. REALLY! I lived it! Honestly people! Millennials - "If I didn't see it or experience it personally, it never happened.... " Big Yawn :)

Amer-team

Ahab, did you catch a couple weeks ago a, special on the moon landing? Apparently 2 - 3 weeks before lift off, someone asked about a flag. No one had thought of that and placing a flag on the moon was against some International laws on sovereignty. The President was said to have told the Director of NASA, that if they didn't have one up there, he would be looking for a new job when this was over. I hadn't heard that story before. neat stuff.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today my wife and I drove down to the Fountain Inn Farmers Market. We drove the M932A2 5 ton. There we meet up with fellow forum member Andy who along with his wife Carrie and our friend Ken all displayed our vehicles at the Farmers Market as per requested by the national guard.20190706_091833.jpg20190706_091700.jpg20190706_091750.jpg20190706_091809.jpg

more pictures to fallow20190706_112314.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Ahab, did you catch a couple weeks ago a, special on the moon landing? Apparently 2 - 3 weeks before lift off, someone asked about a flag. No one had thought of that and placing a flag on the moon was against some International laws on sovereignty. I hadn't heard that story before. neat stuff.
No kidding? I had not head that story. Thanks, Amer-team.

There is another little known story, kind of sadly related:

- After JFK was killed, and the NIGHT before his State funeral, Jackie Kennedy asked for an "eternal flame" akin to something she had seen once in a visit to France.

- How all that got pulled together, literally overnight, is quite a story.

If I can find that I'll post it here (it's not very long).

Another Ahab

- After JFK was killed, and the NIGHT before his State funeral, Jackie Kennedy asked for an "eternal flame" akin to something she had seen once in a visit to France.

- How all that got pulled together, literally overnight, is quite a story.

If I can find that I'll post it here (it's not very long).
Found it:

- A mere 30 hours from the request, and after some frantic phone calls on a Sunday, it all came together

https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2013/10/the-day-kennedys-eternal-flame-went-out/

Spyderman

Today my wife and I drove down to the Fountain Inn Farmers Market. We drove the M932A2 5 ton. There we meet up with fellow forum member Andy who along with his wife Carrie and our friend Ken all displayed our vehicles at the Farmers Market as per requested by the national guard.View attachment 769878View attachment 769879View attachment 769876View attachment 769877

more pictures to fallow
OK I have to ask. What the **** is that. I have never seen one that opens up like that. Details please. I think I want one.

Sent from my webslinger using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
OK I have to ask. What the **** is that. I have never seen one that opens up like that. Details please. I think I want one.

Sent from my webslinger using Tapatalk
Member New era has one he would sell. Located in central NC. It's called a batwing truck. Some have all the equipment, tools. Lathes. Welders and what not on board. Most do not come complete. There is also a version for a tractor to pull

Last edited:

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Another Ahab

Member New era has one he would sell. Located in central NC. It's called a batwing truck. Some have all the equipment, tools. Lathes. Welders and what not on board. Most do not come complete. There is also a version for a tractor to pull
The overhead hoisting rail is a nice item. Sweet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks