• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-1028

I turned mine into a crawler. It was an awsome off road truck for 5 years, I parted it out to build something lighter.

DXTAC

Hey Everyone -

The can is a 20MM ammo can - FREE (I was a Cobra Helo mechanic and borrowed a couple - we used to throw them away!!!)
The cups are Beckson Marine Super Cups ordered from iboats.com - $12.10 shipping included
Batting and black canvas is from Hobby Lobby - about $12.00
It was painted with leftover RAPCO "383" Green from when i painted the hitch.
Hardware was laying around - FREE
Epoxy used to hold them in place (make sure it's safe for plastic) - $4.00
1x10 used for the base of the pad - FREE (laying around)

Total price was about $28.00

Process was pretty simple. 1) Painted the can. 2) Used a jigsaw to cut 2 31/2 inch holes for the cups. 3) Cut 1x10 to size. 4) Layered batting (used batting over foam as foam fails over time) to desired thickness. 5) wrapped canvas over batting and fastened with staples. 6) Used 5 1" wood screws/washers from the bottom to fasten pad to lid 6) Epoxied the cups in place to help deter theft.

Hope this helps!!

Thx!

Last edited:

1986Blazerk5

Hey Everyone -

The can is a 20MM ammo can - FREE (I was a Cobra Helo mechanic and borrowed a couple - we used to throw them away!!!)
The cups are Beckson Marine Super Cups ordered from iboats.com - $12.10 shipping included
Batting and black canvas is from Hobby Lobby - about $12.00
It was painted with leftover RAPCO "383" Green from when i painted the hitch.
Hardware was laying around - FREE
Epoxy used to hold them in place (make sure it's safe for plastic) - $4.00
1x10 used for the base of the pad - FREE (laying around)

Total price was about $28.00

Process was pretty simple. 1) Painted the can. 2) Used a jigsaw to cut 2 31/2 inch holes for the cups. 3) Cut 1x10 to size. 4) Layered batting (used batting over foam as foam fails over time) to desired thickness. 5) wrapped canvas over batting and fastened with staples. 6) Used 5 1" wood screws/washers from the bottom to fasten pad to lid 6) Epoxied the cups in place to help deter theft.

Hope this helps!!

Thx!
Thanks for the info!!

I added this to my list of things to do before summer ends

sirleaksalot

I did a thread on painting my rims and should have put it over here.
anywho, I did that today as well as blocked of that stupid fuel pressure sensor hole. we will see if that fixes the starting trouble after it sits for a few hours. I hope that is it.

Attachments

Knightmare

I drove mine for the first time in a month or so. I had some small issues with it that I had to fix, as well as get it insured, tagged, etc.

I can't wait to drive her tomorrow!

dc3coyote

Hey Knitmare, your from my neck of the woods. Actually, I still claim Hiram as my home. Thats where my Pinzgauer is. We should go wheeling when I get home.
Branan Rountree

bronconut

wow i like that console going to look for parts right now, i also just replaced the front output seal on t-case, seems the gaurdsman that worked on it put it in backwards now no more leak

CycleJay

Hi,

I have a 1985 M1009 Blazer..

I just repaired the horn button tonight, since Carnac showed me how,
a few days ago, so now the horn blows!!

I will post more as I make improvements, repairs, etc.

Good luck everyone with what you have to do to/with your CUCV's...

Good night,

CJ

sirleaksalot

I just replaced both of the door lock cylinders. it looks like my passenger door may have been replaced. My driver door and ign key were the same but no key for pass side.
while I have the door panels off I greased all the window tracks, and will re shoot the panels in tan. I am going to repaint my int to tan also.

aspann

Lost my only key for my M1008. Took the code to Ace Hardware but they said they couldn't do it without a key. Installed a new ign switch for about $12. The key I had for it wouldn't fit the doors, of course the key I got with the new ign switch wouldn't fit either. I took the code to the locksmith and he made a key for the doors. I'm all fixed up now except for front end problems.

Mudstone

today i started removing the rubberized floor coating in the m1009. its a royal pita. anyone have any tip of how to get it off and what i really do need to do prior to insulation?

natemccabe

replaced the rearview mirror after my three year old ripped the other right off the glass. He even took some glass with it! Yeah, now I can see people behind me choke on my diesil fumes, hee hee. Tomorrow the heater core finally gets replaced, starting to get chilly in the morning here in AK.

sirleaksalot

playing with colors......what do you think. so while the door panels are off.
I am going to get new seals, the black paint they used to cover the nasty brown was rubbed off in most contact ares so I re-shot them in black fusion. also shot the inside door with tan to see if I like it. the door panel is just hanging there for a comp.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks