• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrex

Just finished trip from SF, CA to Kentucky and back again.
4,844 miles total round trip. CUCV did great. I love this thing!

wrex

Ok all you purist, I know it's not regulation, but I think it's a good example of making use of the available resourses. Adapting and overcoming: Pic #1 - Wire shelf from kitchen section at Wal-mart, zip ties from Big Lots; Pic #2 - it can hold a Sterilite dust-proof storage container (held in with a Big Lots bungee cord): Pic #3 - or my cooler; Pic #4 - container above and 3", 30' recovery strap below; Pic #5 - the wire shelf did come in a two-pack, hmmmm.
I see no harm in it. You do need to paint it OD though :p

hotdogs151a2

Sorry Mr. jholler:
I guess since I retired I can no longer read! Your Wife did very good work. That castle has a very special meaning to some of us. Essayons!
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog

PS: Thank you for your service to our Country.

wrex

Mr. wrex:
Having retired from the SCANG 122nd En. Co, (CSE), that Engineer Castle sure looks good. Tell your Wife for me, She did good.
Thanks, Hotdog
You totally lost me with this, lol. Are you confusing me with someone else? I'm not even married, heh.

and 75th RR here, btw.

:edit: Never mind. I see what you did there, lol. If it's any consolation, I can't read anymore, either. Lol!!!

combatmech

Darn light bulbs.... Had my brake warning light fall out from behind the cluster this morning. I had been wondering why my coolant/brake light hadnt been flashing when I crank the truck up..... After some fussing and cussing.... it they work again.

sierrajcharlie

Built a console and installed a stereo and two speakers in it along w/storage space. Then by the rear seat put the other two speakers on the ends. Removed the pintle and had the boy weld a receiver on that plate. Sticks out about 6 inches and can be used as a step. Then soldered in a plug for the lights. Now the bad. Just got done replacing the rear end. Had a noise for a couple of weeks but couldn't figure out where it was coming from until the big bang and the clunking. Thought I had blown a tire on the trailer. Had a civi Blazer here so jerked the rear end and drive shaft out of that and put them in the oh-9. The welder boy is unhappy he can't drive it anymore but now is thinking about getting a heavy duty rear end and a 454 for it. I'll just have to put bad rear end back in it so I can move it from yard for now. Until further notice it's front wheel drive.
Found out that a 36" breaker bar beats a 18" er. An electric impact will take off the tires and helps to shake the nuts loose from the u-bolts. BUT for torque is beat by the 18"er. A buddy with tools and time and willing to help you out is PRICELESS!!! THANKS Rockman!!
Now I only hear the engine rumbling and tires humming, as down the road I go!!!:driver:
The boss don't know it yet but the oh-9 told me it needs more lights and a CB. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks