• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctmustang

took the 1009 I got in Ga. the other week to the shop today. replaced front and rear brakes -includes turning rotors and drums man what a difference. Replaced all 3 rubber brake hoses and flushed the system. Surprise this one has the civilian type spindle nuts inside the hub what a time saver as I have the socket for these. changed fluid in both differentials and the transfer case.
Now the fun begins again-ready to start sanding and a little body work and new paint and new tires for the long ride to the Ga. rally. Wouldn't miss it for anything I had a great time last year.
CT

niferous

Rebuilt my front end from the diferential out. New everything. Also replaced the rotors, brake pads, added Warn locking hubs, and a new steering stabalizer.

Dave87

I looked around the web no one makes a snorkel for these trucks but many have converted a snorkel for a land Rover 80. All you need is a heat gun and it should work.

Last edited:

Jerchambers

I finally went to the hardware store and mounted my center console to the floor. It's just the OEM from an 85 K5 that was in the Salvage yard locally.

chief1983

Leaving the parking lot to go camping this weekend, and it sounded like either the brand new flex plate just broke loose, or the torque converter has a few pieces loose. Wondering if my new vacuum pump was causing it to shift too soon and put too much strain on the converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks