• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPCWarning

Rust repair (kinda) pic

At some time in its' life my 1009 had a battery leak down onto the inner fender well and rot about a 6"X8" hole. I'm not one to call NPD or LMC and order new metal when 95% of this one is still good. SO....I cut and ground out the bad rust, primed the area, and cut, formed, bent, bolted, and riveted a patch in place from underneath. Chip Foose would slap me in the back of my head if he saw this, but it works and the rust is gone! If anyone stoops over and says "hey, there's a cheesy looking patch under there", then they're looking too closely at my daily driver. Going to pick up a really straight and rust free (white) hood tomorrow. Mine must've had a SCUD land on it. (Had to be a SCUD 'cause it didn't explode, just bent the crap out of it). Also, I FINALLY got power run to the Shattered Socket Garage!! Woo Hoo !!! I've been using an extension cord from the house for 3 years. Now I can see very well how unorganized I am! Gotta clean that place up!
.........more to come.

Attachments

SPCWarning

Warning's CUCV

Got the hood today, brought it home and got it cleaned up/primed. After cleanup I realized it's straighter than I initially thought it was. Glad to get it. My old one was bent like crazy with a lot of creases. Enclosing pics of the old camo hood in its new (and probably final) resting place, the hood before sanding/buffing, the hood after priming, and on the truck. Also an old Ford at my uncle's shop that's on the back burner for now. (1928 or 29 model)..........more to come.

Attachments

JSF01

Cleaned up some electrical connections and replaced some rubber fuel lines getting my M1009 back up and running properly. Also finally went out and bought some pins and painted them for the shackles i got with the truck when I bought. Unfortunately I never did bother to check to see if the shackles actually fit. Only one actually fits with on other that can be gotten on with a hammer. The other two would need a bigger hammer than I have. Tomorrow hopefully I can barrow a friend’s grinder to get the shackles to fit.

JSF01

You mite have trailer shackles, would be best to get the right ones. The weight rating maybe different for the trailer.
I would have figured they all used the same shackled to save money, but then again that would make sense and in my experience the government always seems to be against that idea. What’s the proper weight rating for CUCV shackles?

epitts

I would have figured they all used the same shackled to save money, but then again that would make sense and in my experience the government always seems to be against that idea. What’s the proper weight rating for CUCV shackles?
Not sure what the weight rating is, could be in the TM's. You can find the right shackles on ebay thats what I had to do.

jdeoliveira74

Took a trip to Ny 700 miles... got there fine. Water pump went while there had to replace. twice! first was bad found out of course after it was installed. replaced rubber oil cooler lines cause they were leaking pretty bad. $60 to have the set made. While checking over truck realized rear battery was dead so replaced that. Oh and changed fuel filter and oil too busy week
now the drive back

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I figured I'd just take mine to a professional. Mine is at TWRIGHTs place and he's doing all the work to it. Besides, I can never stay home long enough to do any work myself. Back out the door in 5, 4, 3, 2, .....

jemfca

fixed the horn

I Plumbed and rewired the air horn. bought some Weather stiping to hopefully seal the doors a little bit better. Then hit the local mud hole.

1967 M35A2 w/w bobbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks