• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalloy1

Installed new steering stabilizer ( monroe ). Installed new driver side seat cover ( smittybilt molle ). Squared away front leafs and torqued u-bolts to specification.
:beer:

chief1983

It's as easy as it looks. Just need a drill or maybe a punch to knock a couple holes in the plastic grill. Everything else is non-permanent part swapping.

I just received my Grill Cover for the Blazer from Jatonka. Dennis included some instructions and it looks to be a breeze to install. I'll post when I do...

wayne pick

HoJoPo, Do u have your converter lockup controller hooked up? I have mine setup to lock up in 2-3-4, It seems to run better. For your fuel door, get a lock cyl off one of those key lock boxes. Putting a lock and hasp would take away from that trick looking door u installed.

HoJoPo

HoJoPo, Do u have your converter lockup controller hooked up? I have mine setup to lock up in 2-3-4, It seems to run better. For your fuel door, get a lock cyl off one of those key lock boxes. Putting a lock and hasp would take away from that trick looking door u installed.
I've thought about fitting a lock cylinder, but I don't want to cut a slot on the fuel filler surround for it to engage... I may have to fab up a plate / tab for it to hook to.

The transmission shop set it up to lock up, not sure if it's 2-3-4 or just in 4. No controller, it's all hydraulic now, they did some kind of modification to it. They did say not to downshift manually for long uphill grades, instead use the throttle to kick it down. If selected manually, it may damage / burn up the new converter.

Oddly, my 700r4 was out of a diesel civvy truck, but it had the wrong converter in it. I was going to get a new one anyway, so it didn't run up the cost any extra. Everything was rebuilt with a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty. I had them go through the t-case and replace all the seals / inspect everything too, it's pretty clean down there, and nothings leaking / seeping anymore.

wayne pick

Thats great, No controller. Mine was pricy $165.00. My trans was also out of a civvy truck with the wrong converter. the 700r4 is a big upgrade, but you have to know what your doing when you make the swap, obviously you do. Most guys think they can shove any r4 behind a 6.2, not so. It also has to have a diesel valve body and a very low stall converter, heavy clutches, ect. Thankfully, mine had the right valve body in it when i had it rebuilt. My rebuilder asked if i have a turbo, I do, and what gear ratio the truck has, all very important info when rebuilding. Thanks for the shoutback! WP.

camp9

Over the last week installed on the M1009 oil and temp gauges, lifted the rear of the front seats to not leaning so far back, put a tank heater in, new glow plugs and manual control, doghead starter relay, checked to make sure there was a bracket on the back of the starter, replaced vacuum lines, tore apart the back tail gate so I could use a screwdriver to open the window and use the tailgate, and new wipers. Next project will be new spin on fuel filter, and replace rubber fuel lines to the tank.

tdfontaine

Today I did the spin-on fuel filter mod on the 1009. Seems to have worked good and didn't take much to get purge air from the fuel filter. But, we'll see when it snows and I need to plow. It was losing significant power on uphill sections of our steep driveway. I think that was from the stock filter getting dirty/clogged.

Hopefully there won't be any cold temp issues as the setup doesn't have a heater.

Haven't done it yet...
But I will be taking the front wheel off and checking the tire for a leak... the **** thing is flat aua

Either way I found a set of the same BFG MT's on CL for pretty cheap...so hopefully the guy still has them if my leak is not fixable...

twlinks

What I did to my M1009 today was to arrange for shipping it from Camp Shelby, MS to Kansas. That was a bit of work in itself to make sure that a shipper will do a couple of things when they pick it up...like one flat tire and wire down the hood since the latch is broken.

Other than that, I'm anxious for it to get here so I can get started making it mine. It only has 7,800 miles on it, but I'm not expecting it to be like new. In fact, that could mean that it's been sitting for loooooong time, but it appears to be solid and in pretty good condition. This thread has me making a list of things to start checking/cleaning/replacing and generally learning all I can about it.

Haven't done it yet...
But I will be taking the front wheel off and checking the tire for a leak... the **** thing is flat aua

Either way I found a set of the same BFG MT's on CL for pretty cheap...so hopefully the guy still has them if my leak is not fixable...

Fixed. I was happy it was a cheap easy fix! :jumpin:
The valve core was leaking. And that just so happened to be the last thing I checked on the tire.

100acre

Saturday I dropped the transmission and everything else to remove and replace the engine flywheel. All because of a bad ignition switch burned out my starter and in turn ate away some teeth on the flywheel, and with all of these zombies(weather ect) attacking I was tired of laying under my truck and turning the harmonic balancer each time I wanted to start her. It was something like cranking an old model T from underneath minus the zombies of course.

jdeoliveira74

replaced Ip pump installed new valve cover gaskets. Installed hmmwv intake and intake horm, New air box, Rewired glow plugs to manual switch my system was not working correctly.

SGT LongT

replaced Ip pump installed new valve cover gaskets. Installed hmmwv intake and intake horm, New air box, Rewired glow plugs to manual switch my system was not working correctly.
Pictures of your HMMWV intake/airbox setup would be great. I have been thinking about that as well along with a snorkel. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks