• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralbelt

Epoxied in the pass side mirror after it fell out, luckly it leaned out and rested on the door and I was only doing about 10 mph and was able to stop and save it. Other than that it starts and runs great.

epitts

I did the Doghead relay, have cluster out an going through it, replaced the heater blower switch works great now. Have new key locks to put on, new dimmer switch coming, installed new head light switch. Cleaning connections and grounds.

combat jump

New (to me) jerry can.

I have been looking for one with the bracket and locking metal strap. Found a very used one on eBay - marked "USMC 1983" underneath (being retired Army, I quickly painted over that, haha!) I plugged a small hole that someone had drilled in the top with a bolt and some JB Weld. It was the regular red color, so I sanded, and shot it RAPCO 686 tan with an HVLP gun. Ace Hardware provided the "DIESEL" stencils. Bolting it to the bed of my M1028 was a challenge, reaching under to wrench the bolts.

Attachments

Opps, I was talking about the transfer shift bezal, since I referenced that needing a light. I'll look for those screws again. Must have missed them the first time. Mine is broken off on the upper pass. side corner so I'll be hitting the junk yards.
Is it just a standard shift bezel for t case? If so. if you dont find one let me know. I think I have a complete one.

donalloy1

Finally have both OEM Antenna's with Brush guards mounted. LOOK OUT low flying aircraft! Bay Area Commuters are going to love me. Next week mount Bridge Plate. :confused:

McCluskey

Pulled the dash apart and fixed the 2 cluster lights that weren't working. Then while it was apart, decided to run the wiring for my 12v cig. ports so I can finally charge my GPS.

GATVILLE

Installed a 3" body lift, not sure why i did it, just got bored. Dont care for the added resistance in the steering, its gonna stay in until i get mad at it.

rjinga

Last week my son mentioned that the generator 1 was staying on while he drove. A few days passed before I could check it and by then he's saying it won't crank. Turns out it was the driver's side alternator belt - broken.

Replaced it and both (I think they're called) door striker bolts. Next up is the passenger door lock. It locks but doesn't want to unlock all the time, either by key or pulling up on the knob.

Replaced all of the glass and rubber parts on the M1008 and installed a speedo driven gear on the M1028,s NP205 TC.

The only trouble I had was making the speedo cable hook up to it as I have a feeling its in a different spot than the one that goes into the M1008,s NP208 TC.

Anyone know if there are two different part numbers for the cables from a NP208 to a Np205 ?

Red_506

Replaced all the belts, cleaned up some rust, working on getting a new hand mic for the PA20A; wired in extra fuse panel for 12V accessories. Removing old matching unit (bolts rusted solid, rust water comes out of drain plug) looking for new matching unit, and looking for new front marker and new rear marker. All for now...

epitts

Replaced all the bulbs in the instrument cluster, still have some not working. Will take it back out and check sockets. Replaced ING tumbbler and turn signal lever. Moving forward day by day.

dragon1124

Today since we are in our thawing cycle here, I changed the rear drivers side marker light. I also mounted my CB Radio, and 102" whip CB antenna. I am charging my drill tonight, and plan to install my internal junction block, just have to find a safe place to drill through the firewall on the passenger side to get the cables to the battery and ground. Then comes all the 12v accessories.

Attachments

DXTAC

Since my windshield washer pump was inop, I bypassed it and installed an external pump and wired a momentary switch into the cab. It works great! It's nice to have clean windows while driving!!

OL AG '89

Dragon,

Look before drilling, most if not all M1009's were wired to accept the radios for the military. There should already be a hole were the original wires came through or still might be there just cut off. Mine are still there, but the distribution block in the rear is gone.

Removed the starter and I swear it looks like it was in a volcano. Ordered a ebay special sunday, should have it tomorrow. Completed the doghead relay conversion. Replaced 2 fusible links that fried with the starter. I got to looking over the interior and mine does not appear to have ever had the rear radio junction block. The 3 brackets are there that hold the radio tower and it dont look like anything has ever been bolted in there? It is a former guard unit rig from North Dakota so maybe they didnt use the rear radio? Anyway, the wife came out today since it warmed up a little and looked at the M1009 for the first time and so gracefully told me that this one is now hers and I am to find another one.......so......guess I'll be looking for a 1008 or 1009 since mine has been plucked from my grasp by the wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks