• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

gottaluvit

New dual exhaust all the way back with quiet mufflers. So much better. Had a small leak, then another, then breakage. Bad fumes with one window down. All gone after 3.5 benjis. But now I can drive in peace and not worry about something needing wired up if I hit a bump.

rsh4364

Changed oil and filter,Rotella T6 and Napa 1794 filter,also changed thermostat since the one from advanced auto started opening at 160 instead of 195,it did work OK for one week,picked up an all brass one from autoz one today,hope it works better longer.I no longer have home Internet since I am only home 1 or 2 nights a week,so I'm using a tablet now,excuse my posts,hard to get used to this tablet.

Last edited:

rsh4364

Installed hose insulation on newly installed tank style block heater tonight,its a TPS-151GT10-000.Hopefully it gets cold enough soon to try it out. I want to let it cycle hot to cold a few more times to make sure all air bubbles are out.For the 5/8 hose I used 3/4 pipe foam insulation.
Just an update on the Kim hots tart tank style heater,it has not been cold enough lately to use it lately but when it was cold enough it heated up the block up to 120 degrees and started like it wasJuly.

Last edited:

jterry211

I need to stop cleaning things. Cleaned the radiator and it busted. Now I put in some Lucas fuel treatment and after a week the injector pump throttle shaft starts leaking. At this point I'm afraid to wash it the dirt seems to hold everything together.

True Knight

I need to stop cleaning things. Cleaned the radiator and it busted. Now I put in some Lucas fuel treatment and after a week the injector pump throttle shaft starts leaking. At this point I'm afraid to wash it the dirt seems to hold everything together.
My boss used to warn customers who asked for a transmission fluid flush after never doing one for 100k + miles because quite often the trans would start slipping shortly after. The sticky gunk that was holding it all together would get washed out. Ha ha.

85CUCVtom

My boss used to warn customers who asked for a transmission fluid flush after never doing one for 100k + miles because quite often the trans would start slipping shortly after. The sticky gunk that was holding it all together would get washed out. Ha ha.
My IP never leaked until I power washed my engine. It's true.

shotty

Took the dogs to play in the snow and **** near got stuck in a snowy/muddy mess of a hole. My BFG all-terrains filled with mud and it took about 15 iterations of rocking and turning to get out of there. Without the locker in the rear and the posi up front I would have been good and stuck in no time at all... Time to order a winch!

RobM36A2

My IP never leaked until I power washed my engine. It's true.
Good to know.. My M1028 sleeps outdoors and gets washed gently by rain.
On the what I did to my CUCV: Nothing, just put fuel in and drove around.

cucvrus

013.jpg019.jpgThis is the engine in my Terminus M1009. So you think I am asking for problems if I wash this engine down with the pressure washer? Covered in dried mud is a great way to discover oil leaks. Which amazingly if has so few. I am going to replace the master cylinder that area is the wettest from the cover leaking or whatever. The fluid is very crappy looking and I just replaced the front calipers and rear wheel cylinders. so why not? The other oil leaks that I see in the dust are minor at best. Underside I did remove the transmission governor cover plate and put the right stuff on it. The 4 bolts were finger tight on that cover. It leaked very little. But it leaked slightly. Just asking. it can stay this way. maybe a few runs through deep water will wash it again.

thz71

View attachment 600870View attachment 600871This is the engine in my Terminus M1009. So you think I am asking for problems if I wash this engine down with the pressure washer? Covered in dried mud is a great way to discover oil leaks. Which amazingly if has so few. I am going to replace the master cylinder that area is the wettest from the cover leaking or whatever. The fluid is very crappy looking and I just replaced the front calipers and rear wheel cylinders. so why not? The other oil leaks that I see in the dust are minor at best. Underside I did remove the transmission governor cover plate and put the right stuff on it. The 4 bolts were finger tight on that cover. It leaked very little. But it leaked slightly. Just asking. it can stay this way. maybe a few runs through deep water will wash it again.
If that was me I'd wash it asap

True Knight

This is the engine in my Terminus M1009. So you think I am asking for problems if I wash this engine down with the pressure washer? Covered in dried mud is a great way to discover oil leaks. Which amazingly if has so few. I am going to replace the master cylinder that area is the wettest from the cover leaking or whatever. The fluid is very crappy looking and I just replaced the front calipers and rear wheel cylinders. so why not? The other oil leaks that I see in the dust are minor at best. Underside I did remove the transmission governor cover plate and put the right stuff on it. The 4 bolts were finger tight on that cover. It leaked very little. But it leaked slightly. Just asking. it can stay this way. maybe a few runs through deep water will wash it again.
Looks like my engine bay! Ha ha. And it's been like that for a few years. I'll low pressure rinse it once in a while, but it's no show truck so it doesn't need a power wash.

thz71

New headers on

Clearanced my driveshaft

B-52s mounted

Drilled out my shackles and repainted
Took all the body mounts out only had 2 cut 2 holes in the floor lol

gottaluvit

Used mine to get an M101A1 home from Columbus. Delivered a mower to my son who lives in that area and trimmed some trees. Next thing i know, my 3+ hour drive gets started in the dark. Then the intense rain came for the whole drive making it a 4.5 hour drive. Here's a pic from this morning.

20151229_142313.jpg

gottaluvit

Then a massive locust tree was whipping in the wind this morning. That had me concerned with this saturated ground so I had to move my M105A2s out to a property that I will eventually be living at. I wanted to move them with my 5 ton but don't want to make ruts, so I used the CUCV. Here's a pic of one inroute. Can't get two uploaded in one post.

20151229_113439.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks