• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check and see if Seafoam still advertises it for diesel... I believe there was an issue...

Might be a coincidence but I toasted an IP shortly after adding seafoam....and I'm not the only one...

May be coincidental, or they were on their way out and I just expedited the process, but more than a couple people have complained..
States it right on the can.

I added a can yesterday and do so every month.
No issues after two plus years.

cucvrus

I never added anything but diesel/heating oil and a bit of conditioner in winter.
No chain saw oil, no transmission fluid, maybe some heating oil and kerosene. A lot of contaminated diesel fuel on occasion. (unknowingly, and knowingly)
No issues after 22 years. I have changed a few injection pumps, lift pumps and many fuel filters in tank and on firewall. I think it is the nature of the vehicle to have these issues. At this point many things can cause issues from dry cracked rubber hose to rubbed/rusted thru steel line and loose connections. A thorough front to back check is essential to resolve the issues. kicking the truck. Not even on YouTube as a problem solver. With a CUCV once you learn about the vehicle and get it up and running right. Quit messing with it. It just creates more issues. Everyone has a design change idea. Many are just that a change not an improvement. Have a Great Day.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do also add two-cycle oil to the diesel fuel.
Not a single engine/fuel issue.
Everyone has their own idea and preference on what to, or not to, use in their fuel.
For me, Seafoam (everything) and two-cycle oil (for diesel only) is, and has been, working extremely well.

Volvo740turbo

I never added anything but diesel/heating oil and a bit of conditioner in winter.
No chain saw oil, no transmission fluid, maybe some heating oil and kerosene. A lot of contaminated diesel fuel on occasion. (unknowingly, and knowingly)
No issues after 22 years. I have changed a few injection pumps, lift pumps and many fuel filters in tank and on firewall. I think it is the nature of the vehicle to have these issues. At this point many things can cause issues from dry cracked rubber hose to rubbed/rusted thru steel line and loose connections. A thorough front to back check is essential to resolve the issues. kicking the truck. Not even on YouTube as a problem solver. With a CUCV once you learn about the vehicle and get it up and running right. Quit messing with it. It just creates more issues. Everyone has a design change idea. Many are just that a change not an improvement. Have a Great Day.
I learned a great deal about my truck in the last 7 years,,
Mostly all the problems that it has goes away with my paycheck....i just don't understand why when dealing with one issue all the rest have to happen..forcing me to have to try to find out what to repair first..my wait light stuck on after a rattle under the dash or from the gp relay I replaced last month...voltage isn't as high anymore and it still runs like crap to begin with....my original problem...i left it at my parking lot at 4 am ...its 9 am now I'm tired as heck from work but I'm going to go there now to see if I can figure something out...what , I don't know yet....

Volvo740turbo

View attachment 695255Hello all. I finally got my fuel filter base installed and no leaks. Installed a new Trombetta glow plug relay and my M1009 starts like it should. I got the truck 2 months ago and I am going to change the 12v system back to 24v. I wanted to get the fuel system and glow plug issues solved first so I can drive the truck.
It looks like a well built unit ,
As far as going back to 24v it looks by the looks of the resistor delete that all you require is the starter and starter wire

Don't try to reinstall a factory resistor...it will just fail and catch fire

cucvrus

Don't try to reinstall a factory resistor...it will just fail and catch fire112.jpgDSCF3384.jpgDSCF3400.jpg20 years and no fires yet. Ridden hard and put away wet. @ different units and no fires yet. It can't be luck.

gottaluvit

Had to bypass spin on filter to get home yesterday. The Wix filter started spraying fuel out of a pinhole in the steel case. Unbelievable the strange things that can go wrong with a vehicle. Whooda thunk it? New filter waiting on rain to be kind.

Volvo740turbo

I think if seafoam makes things better that parts should be replaced....i used it once in my car and it messed a lot of things up...i won't ever use it again...same with Lucas products..but to each their own I suppose...i just figure if those kinds of things help that parts should have just been maintained or changed for results imo.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if seafoam makes things better that parts should be replaced....i used it once in my car and it messed a lot of things up...i won't ever use it again...same with Lucas products..but to each their own I suppose...i just figure if those kinds of things help that parts should have just been maintained or changed for results imo.
Changing parts won't get rid of water in the fuel tank.

3jumpjeep

Had to bypass spin on filter to get home yesterday. The Wix filter started spraying fuel out of a pinhole in the steel case. Unbelievable the strange things that can go wrong with a vehicle. Whooda thunk it? New filter waiting on rain to be kind.
This is why I keep a spare filter in the truck box...with tools...and belts...and other random parts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks