• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good as new. Okay, maybe the UV will kill this fix soon, but at least it should keep the dust and rain out for a while.DSCN0668[1].jpg
Plus, it didn't cost a dime, and has that elegant color coordinated touch.

computer54

if it was me you were talking about no problem guy and I only have ad my truck sence Oct-15-15 and I do use my truck a lot but the was after I had the trans rebuild and did some miner things and now I have redid the transfer case and I only need a small part and the Army wanted me to spend a lot on it too.

85CUCVtom

I made some trick custom oil cooler lines today. I did a detailed write up in the custom oil cooler thread if anybody is interested.

IMG_3560.jpg

I also reinstalled the drivers mirror, brush guard and bumpers, topped off fluids and washed out the cab. It was the first time I had her out on the road in almost 6 months.

IMG_3562.jpg

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks good!
what size?
-6 or -8?

If you can, post what fittings, adapters, etc that you used. Part numbers too.
Guys are always looking for an alternative.

I know the hose itself won't last forever, but Aeroquip fittings/hose are a lot easier to find than the original lines.

Acdelco and Dorman still make them, but I read several guys have had trouble with them.

85CUCVtom

That looks good!
what size?
-6 or -8?

If you can, post what fittings, adapters, etc that you used. Part numbers too.
Guys are always looking for an alternative.

I know the hose itself won't last forever, but Aeroquip fittings/hose are a lot easier to find than the original lines.

Acdelco and Dorman still make them, but I read several guys have had trouble with them.
I used -8 hose and fittings. That size has a close inside dimension to the OEM lines so I figured it would be best.

See post #18, I did a write up with part numbers and pictures. I might go back tonight and add a few more pictures.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?96746-Custom-Oil-Cooler-lines-pics-info&pid=2046870

Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used -8 hose and fittings. That size has a close inside dimension to the OEM lines so I figured it would be best.
See post #18, I did a write up with part numbers and pictures. I might go back tonight and add a few more pictures.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?96746-Custom-Oil-Cooler-lines-pics-info&pid=2046870
Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to assist.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I don't actually.
The question was for all the guys down the road who are or will be, looking for a solid alternative to the OEM setup.

Kaiser67M715

I made some trick custom oil cooler lines today. I did a detailed write up in the custom oil cooler thread if anybody is interested.

View attachment 696000

I also reinstalled the drivers mirror, brush guard and bumpers, topped off fluids and washed out the cab. It was the first time I had her out on the road in almost 6 months.

View attachment 696001
If you don't mind me asking, but how did you get to the inner top two bolts for the brush guard? I only put a bumper on my truck so far, and found them incredibly difficult to get to...I actually went through the grille opening because the grille was not yet installed. It has me putting off cleaning up and installing a brush guard I picked up.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks