• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Volvo740turbo

Tried to mount the starter support today and the bracket does not line up with the gear reduction starter...do i need one for the 6.5 for this to be a thing? This is the last step for my truck to be 100% again ( besides my mess I have in the truck) I'm pretty unsure aboit a bracket...does a parts house carry these things?

cucvrus

I gave you the part number for the 28MT starter. GM 23502557
[h=2]23502557 - Genuine GM BRACKET, Starter Motor[/h]https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-bracket-23502557.html
21 rows · How Can I Search by Part Number and Verify Fitment; Get More Info about the Part You …

• MAKEMODELYEARENGINE
    CadillacEscalade19998 Cyl 6.5L Diesel
    ChevroletBlazer1989-19948 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Diesel
    ChevroletC15001988-19996 Cyl 4.3L, 8 Cyl 5.0L, 8 Cyl 5.7L, 8 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Dies…
    ChevroletC25001988-20006 Cyl 4.3L, 8 Cyl 5.0L, 8 Cyl 5.7L, 8 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Dies…

cucvrus

Got Questions? We Got Answers.1-866-702-4024 Mon & Thu 8am till 9pm Tue, Wed & Fri, 8am till 6pm Ground Shipping To Canada Now AVAILABLE!

Search Everything ×
  • New Vehicle
  • Search Everything
  • Clear Recent Vehicles

Welcome!Your Account
LoginNo account? Register now!

0 My Cart

Cart is empty.

Home GM 23502557

Make sure this part fits your car

[h=1]Mount Bracket - GM (23502557)[/h]

• List Price: $17.39
  • You Save: $6.78 (39% off)
  • Sale Price: $10.61

Add to Cart

• Manufacturer: GM
  • Part Number: 23502557
  • Part: Mount Bracket

Manufacturer Warranty Minimum of 12 Months

Guaranteed Fitment Always the correct parts

Shop with Confidence Your information is safe

In-House Experts We know our products

[h=3]Product Details[/h]
  • Other Names: Starter Bracket, Bracket
  • Description: 6.2L diesel. 6.2 & 6.5L diesel.
  • Manufacturer: GM is the world leader in automobile manufacturing. All GM genuine replacement parts are guaranteed to meet all of the manufacturers specifications and carry the same warranty as with GM vehicles. For more information contact our GM parts staff for assistance.

[h=3]Customers also bought[/h]

[h=3]This Part Fits[/h]
Year Make ModelMakeModelYearBody & TrimEngine & Transmission
2000 Chevrolet C2500ChevroletC25002000Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
1999 Chevrolet C2500ChevroletC25001999Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
2000 Chevrolet C3500ChevroletC35002000Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
1999 Chevrolet C3500ChevroletC35001999Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel

Volvo740turbo

Got Questions? We Got Answers.1-866-702-4024 Mon & Thu 8am till 9pm Tue, Wed & Fri, 8am till 6pm Ground Shipping To Canada Now AVAILABLE!

Search Everything ×
  • New Vehicle
  • Search Everything
  • Clear Recent Vehicles

Welcome!Your Account
LoginNo account? Register now!

0 My Cart

Cart is empty.

Home GM 23502557

Make sure this part fits your car

[h=1]Mount Bracket - GM (23502557)[/h]

• List Price: $17.39
  • You Save: $6.78 (39% off)
  • Sale Price: $10.61

Add to Cart

• Manufacturer: GM
  • Part Number: 23502557
  • Part: Mount Bracket

Manufacturer Warranty Minimum of 12 Months

Guaranteed Fitment Always the correct parts

Shop with Confidence Your information is safe

In-House Experts We know our products

[h=3]Product Details[/h]
  • Other Names: Starter Bracket, Bracket
  • Description: 6.2L diesel. 6.2 & 6.5L diesel.
  • Manufacturer: GM is the world leader in automobile manufacturing. All GM genuine replacement parts are guaranteed to meet all of the manufacturers specifications and carry the same warranty as with GM vehicles. For more information contact our GM parts staff for assistance.

[h=3]Customers also bought[/h]

[h=3]This Part Fits[/h]
Year Make ModelMakeModelYearBody & TrimEngine & Transmission
2000 Chevrolet C2500ChevroletC25002000Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
1999 Chevrolet C2500ChevroletC25001999Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
2000 Chevrolet C3500ChevroletC35002000Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
1999 Chevrolet C3500ChevroletC35001999Base, LS6.5L V8 - Diesel
All they can do is tell me that is a Remy starter I'm not sure if this helps or not

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I came out to go to work this morning and discovered an 8" crack in the windshield. Too hot out yesterday (90°)? Not sure. It wasn't there the day before yesterday when I moved it.

Well, it might be good to get it replaced; the wipers didn't work so well with the pitted surface.
New glass is such a joy. Enjoy it. Shop around as well, they can be purchased sub $200 installed.

cucvrus

Take a video of the starter and make a speech. You done it for everything else. I we see it we can identify it. Better yet make a silent movie or a still of the starter. Either way I got you covered on the support bracket. i must have missed the part where you said this was a 12 volt CUCV. I never seen a 24 volt starter at Autozone. One of my favorite places to shop besides can points and YOUPULLIT.

Volvo740turbo

AutoZone has the 24v starter..i found the booklet they gave to me.with it
It's an open nose 28mt Delco rebuid...sorry about my videos and speeches I will refrain from posting them anymore

Wal-Mart also eill.ship the 24v starter for less than 100$

Last edited:

Volvo740turbo

I gave you the part number for the 28MT starter. GM 23502557
[h=2]23502557 - Genuine GM BRACKET, Starter Motor[/h]https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-bracket-23502557.html
21 rows · How Can I Search by Part Number and Verify Fitment; Get More Info about the Part You …

• MAKEMODELYEARENGINE
    CadillacEscalade19998 Cyl 6.5L Diesel
    ChevroletBlazer1989-19948 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Diesel
    ChevroletC15001988-19996 Cyl 4.3L, 8 Cyl 5.0L, 8 Cyl 5.7L, 8 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Dies…
    ChevroletC25001988-20006 Cyl 4.3L, 8 Cyl 5.0L, 8 Cyl 5.7L, 8 Cyl 6.2L Diesel, 8 Cyl 6.5L Dies…

Thank you for the part number I will.co tact the deal tomorrow

FrankenCub

I'm glad you guys are having problems breaking starter bolts lol, it reminds me I need a starter bracket. I just don;t understand why some people don't put them back on when they have a starter out. I don't have enough fingers to count how many trucks I've had that were missing that bracket.

On another note, I went to pick my reman t-case today and the shop owner looked at my core I brought up and did a double take on the reman he had on the bench for me. He didn't put two and two together when we talked on the phone. He had a 27 tooth input case waiting. He apologized for not realizing I needed the 32 tooth input over and over. He's ordering a new 32 tooth input shaft to install and knocking $50 off the price for his mistake. Kinda puts me behind having my truck down longer but I'm ok with it because he was upfront and honest about the mix up so it's all good. I should have it back in by Monday.

rustystud

Transmission shops in my area are not really friendly..the either want to do a full rebuild or sell you a new unit...i knew whatever it was was a small thing so I started with the basics and I got lucky..first were the rubber lines ..i had a modulator lined
up at the parts house and figures I could check the governor while I waited for them to get it.
That's to bad you don't have a good shop to take your truck to. There are plenty of those crappy transmission shops out here to, but there are also plenty of good shops here to. You just have to look around. I usually find the good shops are a hole in the wall place with a single owner/operator running it.

computer54

I'm glad you guys are having problems breaking starter bolts lol, it reminds me I need a starter bracket. I just don;t understand why some people don't put them back on when they have a starter out. I don't have enough fingers to count how many trucks I've had that were missing that bracket.

On another note, I went to pick my reman t-case today and the shop owner looked at my core I brought up and did a double take on the reman he had on the bench for me. He didn't put two and two together when we talked on the phone. He had a 27 tooth input case waiting. He apologized for not realizing I needed the 32 tooth input over and over. He's ordering a new 32 tooth input shaft to install and knocking $50 off the price for his mistake. Kinda puts me behind having my truck down longer but I'm ok with it because he was upfront and honest about the mix up so it's all good. I should have it back in by Monday.
I hope you have a trans. jack to put it back in and help too. I found the bracket on Amazon and it's only $6.00 , because I was having the same problem with the starter .

FrankenCub

I hope you have a trans. jack to put it back in and help too. I found the bracket on Amazon and it's only $6.00 , because I was having the same problem with the starter .
I don't have a transjack or help unfortunately. Thankfully the 208 isn't all that heavy and goes in pretty easily, even with a shot back. I lay on my creeper and roll it onto my belly. Then it's one rep of a bench press and it's in lol. Wouldn't do that with a 205 though lol. I'll check out Amazon tonight, thanks. Can't go wrong for $6!

Was that for the gear reduction starter? I have direct drive.

Last edited:

computer54

i Have a 93 Chevy 4 by4 6,2l and My starter went out and I had to replace it and I went to Autozone for it but it cost $165.00 I think now and then I had a bolt brake and had to drill it and tap it out, and that how I found out about the bracket was not there. I think it's a direct drive one because it's got cables from the battery and has solenoid on it too .

FrankenCub

i Have a 93 Chevy 4 by4 6,2l and My starter went out and I had to replace it and I went to Autozone for it but it cost $165.00 I think now and then I had a bolt brake and had to drill it and tap it out, and that how I found out about the bracket was not there. I think it's a direct drive one because it's got cables from the battery and has solenoid on it too .
PM 34p shows a different part number, 14028931, which is discontinued through GM. After more looking the ones listed on Amazon are still available through GM. Amazon has a starter listed for CUCV and also lists the same bracket with it, it's a gear reduction starter. So apparently they don't have the direct drive bracket. I may be able to make one from some steel angle.

True Knight

Tried to mount the starter support today and the bracket does not line up with the gear reduction starter...do i need one for the 6.5 for this to be a thing? This is the last step for my truck to be 100% again ( besides my mess I have in the truck) I'm pretty unsure aboit a bracket...does a parts house carry these things?
The original bracket didn't fit the gear reduction starter I put in either. I just grabbed some scrap angle iron and made a new bracket to fit the new starter. Took about an hour to make, and it's been on there since about 2012.

cucvrus

I have direct drive support brackets. I had them made up at a machine shop. They are direct fit for the stock direct drive starter.
And Computer54. Both types have a battery cable and solenoid on the starter assembly. And $165. is a good deal if you have no core charge. Good Luck. PM me with your needs.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 12V gear reduction starter as a backup, it only takes a couple minutes to move the starter feed from the back panel to the front battery... Cranked over super fast when I needed it.. I of course switched back to a 24V starter as soon as it was rebuilt...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks