• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can make a new fuel feed hose with 3/8" fuel hose and some split loom. It will be a bit longer but it will work fine. I made a few. I have done a few updates with a new metal line. A few look like the engine was pulled while the fuel line was still hooked up. Bent the metal line up and then kinked it. They just hammered it down. I removed the line and made a shorter metal line with a barbed/beaded edge fitting like the original one. If you want see pictures let me know. But I would remove the old line. Check it closely. Cut the ends of the hose off where the clamps were and reinstall with fresh clamps. Good Luck. But if the pumps wet. You may as well change that.
Already have a new Delphi fuel pump on the way just in case.
Filter was just changed when I installed new injectors. Their dry.
Good tip on that weird hose.
Will do that for sure.
Hopefully it’s just the fuel pump and my IP didn’t crap out.
Will troubleshoot when I get back.

HATE being gone and can’t work on it!!!!

cucvrus

015.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg
View attachment 707681Put LED work light where the ginormous turn signal goes. Will re-lamp the little blackouts for turn signals.
Think real hard before you do the B/O light hole as a turn indicator. From a safety point of view. Can people see that small light blinking? NO. Can it cause and accident? Yes. Why? Why risk life and limb? I tried it once. I went and got a grille from a quad headlamp system and that was the answer. That hole is too small for a park / 003 (3).jpg004 (2).jpg004 (3).jpg006 (2).jpgturn indicator. At night the headlamps over power the small LED amber light. This is an opinion. Do as you wish. I would save the ticket or the accident and put something on that is visible. You still need to come up with a front park lamps also. Good Luck. Better yet go with the LED headlamps. Have a great day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could sub a better light for the blackout and probably be successful. I have some smaller Whelen lights that are pretty bright and may fit the hole.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
short range comms

FRS.jpgOne for me, one for the spotter. Charades-type hand signals do not communicate anything useful to me, I prefer to hear words.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
studying the wiring diagrams

I recall a famous line from 3 Stooges episode (A Plumbing We Will Go), Curly grabs a length of electrical conduit thinking its a water line : "No wonder it doesn't work, it's plugged up with wires, nyuk, nyuk". As I repurpose the GND bus to a +12 V bus, I encounter various plugs/sockets that do not connect to anything. I am removing any wiring that serves no purpose for my trail-rig application, starting with the diagnostic port. "Oooooooh, a wiiiiise guy":)

DREDnot

Gear tray/jerry can mount...

DSCN2673.jpg

DSCN2681.jpg

Recovery equipment in a 1989 german insulated food can. No rattles.

DSCN2679.jpg

Cell phone pocket

DSCN2684.jpg

LED magnetic dome light.
DSCN2690.jpg

DSCN2688.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks